Four touches

Did anybody else think Forestieri's header was going to hit the bar, it seemed to be rising from the moment he headed it

Great goal

If we ever score a late winner it always means more when it's against some wonker  like Colin

It's the sweetest feeling when teams come to spoil, cheat, dive and time waste then concede at the end. Hilarious to watch them throwing the ball back to us. All the better that it was that odious pair, warnock and Blackwell.

Off the top of my head...Bannan receives the ball, control and forward to...

Helan, one touch back to...

Bannan, one touch pass behind the fullback to...

Pudil, looks up, one touch low cross to the edge of the area, for...

Wallace, one touch, one nil. 

My favourite goal of last season.

Just goes to show, it doesn't take lots of touches to score a goal.

Possession for possession's sake is just boring.

Totally agree with this. Didn't Arsenal play WBA not so long ago and ended up having around 75% possession but lost 3-1 I think it was.

Totally agree with this. Didn't Arsenal play WBA not so long ago and ended up having around 75% possession but lost 3-1 I think it was.

Best summed up by this.

Masterclass in counter attack against the worlds best possession masters

dutch.png

Just goes to show, it doesn't take lots of touches to score a goal.

Possession for possession's sake is just boring.

Shades of a Wilkinson era goal!

Just substitute the names, Worthington hoofs it clear and it lands with Varadi who chests it back to Shelton. Shelton plays the through ball back to Varadi who shoots, goalie parries and Shelton bursting through heads it in!

I loved that team!

Brentford

Just went back and checked that game out. Westwood took a goal kick Hooper let it bounce once then smacked it in.

What is really interesting is the contrast between that goal (our 2nd of the day) and the next one. Commentator says he counted 32 passes in the build up (okay I appreciate Brentford were down to 10 men), but even so it shows that we had a style of play that mixed things up. Sometimes direct, sometimes knocking it about sweetly. That is what we need to be able to do more often, mix the styles up.