The next Steering Group meeting

3 things

stripes back!

ticket prices for the run in and keep lepps lower open at £20 max

And just ignore SAG or if you cant then sodding sort it out and openly release press statements into why they are doing this and not to the likes of leeds, and Barnsley that have less space and fewer turnstiles.

Sorry 4

No happy clapping at anything DC says if you don't agree

14 hours ago, mike84 said:

The club has said before that the seats arent sold in the north stand because of overcrowding on the concourse and the fact that fans dont sit where there tickets are for.  So more people in the nw end of the stand than seats.

So why is every away ground not having there capacity reduced?

Train stewards to check tickets properly

Over crowding? don't be a wet blouse

5 hours ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Serious question to Neil..

Does Flying Owl still go to these meetings ?

I know she only officially represents herself and her own views but if she is still going she does so as an Owlstalker and as has already been said she doesn't post on here as often now..

It was a pointless exercise. 

I remember when the forum was asked 'what questions do you want to ask' - FlyingOwl then vetoed asking the majority of the questions people wanted asking. 

Guest Deleted member
22 minutes ago, ramone said:

It was a pointless exercise. 

I remember when the forum was asked 'what questions do you want to ask' - FlyingOwl then vetoed asking the majority of the questions people wanted asking. 

^^ this

Guest Deleted member
14 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Not a fan of their annoying voices 

To be fair they havent all got annoying voices

Its just the one who calls himself Lord Hillsborough - who is the sole reason Ive never made it past 10 minutes of listening to one. Why does he do that voice anyway? It spoils what could be a really valuable fan driven discussion

I'd like to know:

1. SAG issue - What is Hillsborough's capacity according to SAG? Why do we suddenly have restrictions on attendance this season? What has changed?
  2. Ground Concerns - Is the above due to concerns regarding the safety of the ground? If so, what plans are in place to bring the ground back up to scratch? Will the plans only be put into action should we get promoted?
  3. Ground Developments - Are there any ground redevelopments happening over the summer? Can we find out more about the planned Leppings Lane end work?
  4. Kit - Do we have a supplier? Will it be blue & white stripes? Have we got a design (for the home kit) sorted?
  5. Merchandise - The level and quality of stock in the club shop is appalling. What plans are in place to improve this? What changes has Joe Palmer already overseen and how does he intend to improve the commercial and corporate strategy of the club in the future?
  6. Ticketing Structure - Will the current structure remain next season?

I'll no longer be going.

Came to the conclusion that it was just a pointless, box ticking, exercise. Went round & round in circles about ticket prices for the majority of every meeting. Mostly achieving nothing. I always had a list of questions I wanted to ask, mostly gotten from here but could never ask nearly as many as I wanted to. And this is due to the meeting being mostly taken up by pointless drivel about ticket prices. Whatever side of the argument you are on...it is pointless drivel because DC is stubborn & thinks he's right. He'll alter and budge every now & then but for the most part he believes in his pricing.

I pretty much gave up on the whole SG meetings when a woman across from me at the meeting spent half an hour complaining about the lack of healthy food available at games. Which was all pretty much geared towards that she or someone she knows runs a catering business of sorts & could do it for them. I found it very difficult to stifle my laughter & it was a huge wake up call that I could be spending my time better elsewhere.

I'm not on here as often as I used to be either. My first year out of uni, so my first year in the working world, so most of my time is occupied. 

In my absence a few asked if they could take my place & I was happy to send an email to the club saying so. Not that they even really checked who anyone was. The way I saw it I could have been anyone walking outside the ground who decided to pop in and see what was going on at the club lol 

Guest Deleted member
3 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

I'll no longer be going.

Came to the conclusion that it was just a pointless, box ticking, exercise. Went round & round in circles about ticket prices for the majority of every meeting. Mostly achieving nothing. I always had a list of questions I wanted to ask, mostly gotten from here but could never ask nearly as many as I wanted to. And this is due to the meeting being mostly taken up by pointless drivel about ticket prices. Whatever side of the argument you are on...it is pointless drivel because DC is stubborn & thinks he's right. He'll alter and budge every now & then but for the most part he believes in his pricing.

I pretty much gave up on the whole SG meetings when a woman across from me at the meeting spent half an hour complaining about the lack of healthy food available at games. Which was all pretty much geared towards that she or someone she knows runs a catering business of sorts & could do it for them. I found it very difficult to stifle my laughter & it was a huge wake up call that I could be spending my time better elsewhere.

I'm not on here as often as I used to be either. My first year out of uni, so my first year in the working world, so most of my time is occupied. 

In my absence a few asked if they could take my place & I was happy to send an email to the club saying so. Not that they even really checked who anyone was. The way I saw it I could have been anyone walking outside the ground who decided to pop in and see what was going on at the club lol 

Thank you for this. It kind of confirms what many said all along. Lip service. Your honesty is refreshing, genuinely. 

This is why many people gave you a hard time regarding the responses - because it felt like we were given the party line. 

14 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Thank you for this. It kind of confirms what many said all along. Lip service. Your honesty is refreshing, genuinely. 

This is why many people gave you a hard time regarding the responses - because it felt like we were given the party line. 

The tone of most evenings was everyone was allowed to ask one initial question & then if there was time at the end the floor would be free for hands up.

But most evenings sort of turned into a who can shout the loudest. And one question from one guy turned into another question on the same topic from someone across the room. Meant that some people asked 10 questions each and others ended up asking nothing. Meetings also dragged on way past the given time. because we went round in circles so much. On two occasions I had to leave meetings early so I wouldn't be stranded in Sheffield (I don't drive).

Some questions were very good, were answered & I believe some good has come from some meetings. But too much going round in circles achieving mostly nothing ended my interest. I am invited to tomorrow's meeting, anyone is welcome to message me to take my place. But I'm almost certain that the majority of the night will focus around the Newcastle pricing & the final game of the season pricing. Maybe even venturing into potential play off ticket pricing lol

If you're interested in that, knock yourself out. But I don't think it's doing any good.

28 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

I'll no longer be going.

This is hardly surprising as it's just how I'd imagine these events to go

Trouble is, I don't know any other way that fans might address the owner directly on topics that we consider important ...

In this instance - SAG intervention, stadium capacity, West Stand usage and STRIPES

One thing is for sure, I can't see the local media (press or radio) ever taking up the fight on our behalf

Guest mkowl

Flying Owl you definitely need lessons on not being too occupied at work and thus finding time to post on here - you being super productive is no good for us slackers

To a serious point I watched a couple of the Newcastle fans vlogs from the weekend. If anyone ever wants to see footage of why the capacity of the upper Lepp is restricted I suggest take a look on YouTube. The concourse was packed and there were fans stood on the stairs waiting to get to the gangways pre kick off. I appreciate there are away games where it is probably no better or indeed worse - but remember the history and perhaps comprehend why SAG are super cautious.

10 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Real shame that but it turns out Steering Group meetings are just a live performance of Owlstalk. 

Thanks for the update FO, didn't someone on here go on your behalf when you were at Disney Land? Was it you Enchanter? 

edit - sorry, it was @Groundhopping Owl do you fancy taking over for FO?

Edited by Whitechapel Owl

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Thanks for the update FO, didn't someone on here go on your behalf when you were at Disney Land? Was it you Enchanter? 

No, might have been EcclesallOwl who also doesn't post on here much. Hang on.... so if you go to these meetings you stop posting on here. I've solved it. The scandal. I'm going to run to the press... the police QUICK! 

Hang on someone is knocking on my door. 

Guest mrbluesky
17 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Flying Owl you definitely need lessons on not being too occupied at work and thus finding time to post on here - you being super productive is no good for us slackers

To a serious point I watched a couple of the Newcastle fans vlogs from the weekend. If anyone ever wants to see footage of why the capacity of the upper Lepp is restricted I suggest take a look on YouTube. The concourse was packed and there were fans stood on the stairs waiting to get to the gangways pre kick off. I appreciate there are away games where it is probably no better or indeed worse - but remember the history and perhaps comprehend why SAG are super cautious.

Said it before and I'll say it again the restrictions are at a guess down to dated access and exits at the ground, again guessing but it must be the size, how many and how safely the entry and exits are,SAG aka H&S are always going to be over zeolus with this what with the grounds history.

5 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Okay, so out of interest will you be there tomorrow night?

If yes, do you a) actively participate or b) go there to listen?

... or c) it's purely a tea 'n biscuits thing

If a)

Do you restrict your comments to match your own opinions?

Or are you happy to express the views of others?

This isn't a quiz by the way  lolI'm just curious

Hi - I'll be there

When the idea came out, I put my name forward as a ST holder for the South Stand (I think they wanted a spread of voices etc) having been to all of the Paul Aldridge ones

I do like to get involved and speak probably too much. I'm happy to speak for others but it's not easy if it's not your particular view point