When Winnall Scored

It wasn't just the running up the line.

I loved how he then went into the centre circle and put both hands in the air whilst screaming. Real passion & taking centre stage.

Then just after the game restarted, whilst we were all singing his name, he had his right first clenched by his waist & giving a good few fist pumps.

But it didn't end there... he was then tapping his hand on his leg in rhythm with his song.

He clearly loved it just as much as we did. If only a few more of our players showed that much passion & desire yesterday.

Guest Dingle.

Not all Barnsley fans hate him, some will always be grateful to him for the effort he put in for us, and the contribution he made to our 2015/2016 season, which resulted in him netting us over 20 goals and helping his team win twice at Wembley, our club and coaching staff helped make him into a player who is now taking home over £50'000 a month, he as made the same mistake you lot on here make, because a load of bell ends on forums and twitter give him stick due to the fact they don't live in the real world, it means every Barnsley fan hates him, when this is not the case, what he did yesterday was a kick in the baIls to the club who paid him for two and a half years, and the more sensible BFC fans who see the bigger picture, he acted without class and respect in my opinion, what he should have done is gone over the wall into the away end and celebrated with you, then at the end clap all four stands. 

4 minutes ago, Dingle. said:

Not all Barnsley fans hate him, some will always be grateful to him for the effort he put in for us, and the contribution he made to our 2015/2016 season, which resulted in him netting us over 20 goals and helping his team win twice at Wembley, our club and coaching staff helped make him into a player who is now taking home over £50'000 a month, he as made the same mistake you lot on here make, because a load of bell ends on forums and twitter give him stick due to the fact they don't live in the real world, it means every Barnsley fan hates him, when this is not the case, what he did yesterday was a kick in the baIls to the club who paid him for two and a half years, and the more sensible BFC fans who see the bigger picture, he acted without class and respect in my opinion, what he should have done is gone over the wall into the away end and celebrated with you, then at the end clap all four stands. 

Clap all 4 stands?

After all the abuse he got?

lol

Guest Dingle.
Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Clap all 4 stands?

After all the abuse he got?

lol

Not everyone abused him did they 

5 minutes ago, Dingle. said:

aye,he's gonna heed your advice! cracks me up when a player wont celebrate scoring against a former club,i would,and if winnall gives it large,good on him.

8 minutes ago, Dingle. said:

Not everyone abused him did they 

They were all from the same family. 

Dogs abuse all day, he gives it back, and then you act all Duncan Norvelle wearing a Laura Ashley blouse. 

Shove that up yer sherrifs badge. 

IMG_0074.JPG

Edited by vulva

Took dogs abuse on twitter some real personal and disturbing insults as well yet kept himself quite did his job and celebrated out of pure passion and delight so as far as I'm concerned Barnsley fans can go f**k themselves, can't wait for there squad to continue to disintegrate in the summer anyone worth having? that right back is apparently decent

Guest Dingle.
3 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Took dogs abuse on twitter some real personal and disturbing insults as well yet kept himself quite did his job and celebrated out of pure passion and delight so as far as I'm concerned Barnsley fans can go f**k themselves, can't wait for there squad to continue to disintegrate in the summer anyone worth having? that right back is apparently decent

We'll only replace them with cheaper options, develop them into better players, use them to move the club forward, and sell them for a profit. 

Just now, Dingle. said:

We'll only replace them with cheaper options, develop them into better players, use them to move the club forward, and sell them for a profit. 

Easier said than done lad most little clubs like your selves are going down that route but to be fair its worked well for you so far but no guarantees you'll have the same success ratio in the next window

I can see why fans who have been supportive of him and begrudgingly understood that money talks, would be dissapointed in it.

But I don't think this has been a case of a small vocal minority in a pocket of a stand, he's been criticised and given stick in many quarters, on the radio, in the press, by former team mates, social media, by fans who even throw stuffed toys at him.

That's pretty full on. The only thing he could do to answer it was to score. I think had he celebrated with us or did a basic celebration he would've come across better, like it's all water off a ducks back and it would've been fairer on the supportive ones and people he knew at the club. But it's evident that he has been effected by it and that was just an uncontrolled release of emotion when he realised he'd just shut a few people up. 

Perhaps the fans hurt by it should also blame their fellow fans who incited the reaction, rather than simply blaming the guy who has been abused by hundreds of people over the last three months.

Guest Dingle.
2 minutes ago, richowl said:

Scowen's off

No doubt Roberts, Yiadom, & Watkins, are too, but we'll replace them, Lad who scored yesterday came from the conference as Mawsons replacement he's been brilliant all season and gets better and better every week, he's replaced a £6M player with ease and he cost £75'000, we'll sign 15 players in the summer and develop them into better players we've been doing it 3 years now. 

3 minutes ago, Dingle. said:

No doubt Roberts, Yiadom, & Watkins, are too, but we'll replace them, Lad who scored yesterday came from the conference as Mawsons replacement he's been brilliant all season and gets better and better every week, he's replaced a £6M player with ease and he cost £75'000, we'll sign 15 players in the summer and develop them into better players we've been doing it 3 years now. 

can't really argue with that

you're doing something right in the development area

Guest Grez Bez

When did Barnsley start calling us the pigs? I knocked around Barnsley for years and never heard it until this week....

Do they thin they're from Sheffield?

Guest The Horse

It's passion, emotion, drama.
The reasons I fell in love with football.
I also swear and get riled when it happens to us.

Wouldn't want it any other way.

34 minutes ago, Dingle. said:

That didn't work very well. You sold players at a small percentage of their worth because you hadn't got the sense to give them decent new contracts. Letting valuable players run down their contracts to the last 6 months isn't the sign of a club that is well organised.

Don't get me wrong, you have done well up to the new year but that's probably you lot done for the next few years. You had a chance and you blew it.

18 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I can see why fans who have been supportive of him and begrudgingly understood that money talks, would be dissapointed in it.

But I don't think this has been a case of a small vocal minority in a pocket of a stand, he's been criticised and given stick in many quarters, on the radio, in the press, by former team mates, social media, by fans who even throw stuffed toys at him.

That's pretty full on. The only thing he could do to answer it was to score. I think had he celebrated with us or did a basic celebration he would've come across better, like it's all water off a ducks back and it would've been fairer on the supportive ones and people he knew at the club. But it's evident that he has been effected by it and that was just an uncontrolled release of emotion when he realised he'd just shut a few people up. 

Perhaps the fans hurt by it should also blame their fellow fans who incited the reaction, rather than simply blaming the guy who has been abused by hundreds of people over the last three months.

Look at the his instagram some of the comments sent to him on there by Barnsley fans are vile and totally uncalled for