Poll: Man of the Match vs Barnsley...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Barnsley  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Barnsley?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Fox
    • Hutchinson
    • Bannan
    • Reach
    • Rhodes
    • Winnall
    • McManaman
    • Jones
    • Fletcher
    • Matias

Yet another poor display against what was a pretty poor opposition. Carlos has lost the plot completely and if he genuinely thinks that we 'did everything to win the game' then he wants his head testing. We only scored because of a terrible mistake by their keeper and other than that we didn't produce a deal. The fact that we weren't able to manage that game out says a lot about us. A win would have been harsh on Barnsley and would have only papered over cracks. I'm sick of the same old crap. Our midfield is non-existent. We give our strikers nothing and after spending millions, Nuhiu would actually suit this system better than the players we have brought in. The fans were well up for this one yet we gave them absolutely nothing to shout about first half - I thought we were meant to be starting with intensity!?

Westwood 8 - a good save towards the end and good kicking today.

Hunt 6 - I thought he did well and was one of our better players, but then he goes and gives away the free kick that ultimately cost us the game. Typical.

Lees 7 - did well enough.

Loovens 4 - poor. So slow in posession to the point where he nearly cost us a couple of times. Failed to recover from his shocker against Reading.

Fox 4 - a league 1 full back. Yes he can head it, but nothing else. Who scouts these players?

Macca 6 - I was hoping for more. Had a couple of good efforts but was hardly a masive threat.

Hutch 4 - was garbage before he went off. Made a stupid tackle and hurt himself - not sure if that is actually why he went off. 

Bannan 3 - not good enough. Isn't physically big enough and gets overrun. Completely inept without the ball and today was mostly ineffective with it.

Reach 8 MOM - our beat outlet today. Put a shift in and showed some quality at times too. 

Winnall 5 - I'm struggling to see what everyone else saw. Yes he works hard but other than that he isn't offering much. Scored yes, but I'd have scored that - it was all about Reach. Then again, I'd hate to be a striker for us at the moment as the service is non-existent.

Rhodes 5 - I feel so sorry for him. In this system, all he can offer is a bit of running about. We put nothing in the box. We rarely play to his feet. What's the point?

Subs

Fletcher 7 - had some good touches and did well in general.

Matias 6 - some good touches and passes. Didn't do enough for me to justify anything more than a 6.

Carlos 1 - your time is up.

15 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

Yet another poor display against what was a pretty poor opposition. Carlos has lost the plot completely and if he genuinely thinks that we 'did everything to win the game' then he wants his head testing. We only scored because of a terrible mistake by their keeper and other than that we didn't produce a deal. The fact that we weren't able to manage that game out says a lot about us. A win would have been harsh on Barnsley and would have only papered over cracks. I'm sick of the same old crap. Our midfield is non-existent. We give our strikers nothing and after spending millions, Nuhiu would actually suit this system better than the players we have brought in. The fans were well up for this one yet we gave them absolutely nothing to shout about first half - I thought we were meant to be starting with intensity!?

Westwood 8 - a good save towards the end and good kicking today.

Hunt 6 - I thought he did well and was one of our better players, but then he goes and gives away the free kick that ultimately cost us the game. Typical.

Lees 7 - did well enough.

Loovens 4 - poor. So slow in posession to the point where he nearly cost us a couple of times. Failed to recover from his shocker against Reading.

Fox 4 - a league 1 full back. Yes he can head it, but nothing else. Who scouts these players?

Macca 6 - I was hoping for more. Had a couple of good efforts but was hardly a masive threat.

Hutch 4 - was garbage before he went off. Made a stupid tackle and hurt himself - not sure if that is actually why he went off. 

Bannan 3 - not good enough. Isn't physically big enough and gets overrun. Completely inept without the ball and today was mostly ineffective with it.

Reach 8 MOM - our beat outlet today. Put a shift in and showed some quality at times too. 

Winnall 5 - I'm struggling to see what everyone else saw. Yes he works hard but other than that he isn't offering much. Scored yes, but I'd have scored that - it was all about Reach. Then again, I'd hate to be a striker for us at the moment as the service is non-existent.

Rhodes 5 - I feel so sorry for him. In this system, all he can offer is a bit of running about. We put nothing in the box. We rarely play to his feet. What's the point?

Subs

Fletcher 7 - had some good touches and did well in general.

Matias 6 - some good touches and passes. Didn't do enough for me to justify anything more than a 6.

Carlos 1 - your time is up.

Forgot Jonesy:

6 - isn't the answer in midfield. Did ok and was better than Hutch but hardly set the world alight.

Not a big fan of Reach,but he was stand out today,Hunt also had a decent game,but gave away a needless foul that leads to the sucker punch which took some of the gloss off an otherwise decent showing.

Once more we looked very average,we lack a carlton Palmer type CM player that wins the ball and is box to box,tall and hard to shake off the ball.

Thought Matias looked good when he came on,considering the time hes been out.

Weve got players on the park that are playing with knocks or injuries,Loovens,Bannan and Hutch dont look fit for me,more obvious in Hutchys case as he had to come off.

Pleased for Winnall he stuffed it down their throats,and almost spunked allover em untill the linos flag.

Rubbish again today...Reach Hunt and Winnall stood out for me

Bannan and Jones in midfield are quite literally a disgrace...chatting to dingles afterwards they couldn't believe how poor bannan was...needles to say I was not surprised... Fkn useless and the core of the problem for me. Carlos will be sacked for his continued support of this totally overated footballer

westwood 7- couple of decent saves, solid performance 

hunt 7 - played well, they couldn't contain him some times, 1 stupid fault with free kick thou.

lees 7 - looked solid, not a foot wrong

loovens 3 - awful, just too slow. couldn't keep up with game

fox 6 - wasn't great but prevented goal at end

mcmanaman 5 - wasted 2 chances in 1st half, other than that was his worst game in an owls shirt

hutch 3 - RECKLESS, injured himself, be lucky to play again this season

bannan 2 - gets worse and worse with each game, needs benching but for who???

reach 8 - never stopped all day, looked knackered in last 10 minutes 

winnall 8 - didn't win many in air, some decent touches and scored. 1 of his best performances so far

rhodes 6 - not his fault, system does not suit him

jones 6 - some decent break ups but also gave a few away

fletcher 7 - did very well, looked up for it. needs a goal

matias 5 - looked weak in a few tackles, needs game time desperately 

Westwood - 7 (Vital saves to keep us in the game. Good kicking and exceptional handling. Didn't much protection from the back 4

Fox - 5 (not great to be fair and apart from the game against Birmingham he's a bit average for me. Pudil has shown more going forward)

Loovens - 5 (is he carrying a knock? no urgency from him today with his passing or movement.)

Lees - 5 (Rusty. Very rusty. And if people watch the highlights, him and fox were marking thin air. Macdonald popped up with the goal but there was another Barnsley player that had no-one on him. Started off really poorly as well with that dodgy downwards header and missplaced passes)

Hunt - 7 (thought he had a decent game. gave away the free kick but as i've said in the Hunt post, we didn't defend it well enough. disgusting defending from the set piece)

Reach - 8 (great game out on the right, put in some decent balls and a pest all afternoon. linked up well with hunt too)

Bannan - 4 (poor, exceptionally poor. tried the hollywood pass all the time instead of driving forward. doesn't do enough to warrant a regular pick. we played some good stuff without him and won games. he needs to impose himself more in the middle otherwise its gonna be better off he doesn't play. didn't chase the ball down as much neither)

Hutch - 4 (got injured. the end)

Macca - 6 (fair game. few glimpses on it, couple of shots that perhaps he should have scored. that was it before going off with cramp?)

Winnall - 6 (worked hard, bagged a goal.)

Rhodes - 5 (nothing went for him today. no service, no balls to feet, nothing. our central players offered him nothing)

SUBS

Mattias - N/A

Jones - 5 (too slow and lethargic. Can pass but the way we've set up at the minute doesn't suit his game.)

Fletcher - 7 (did alright when he came on, battled for headers and held the ball up well.)

We are in a right rut at the moment. CC seems to be shoehorning players in to his formation and playing a specific way instead of tweaking the team to suit the players. It makes the likes of Jones, Rhodes, Winnall etc totally redundant at times ..

so so frustrating. we needed to beat Barnsley, get that momentum started but this result, for me personally, is a massive blow and might set us back a bit ..

35 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Westwood - 7 (Vital saves to keep us in the game. Good kicking and exceptional handling. Didn't much protection from the back 4

Fox - 5 (not great to be fair and apart from the game against Birmingham he's a bit average for me. Pudil has shown more going forward)

Loovens - 5 (is he carrying a knock? no urgency from him today with his passing or movement.)

Lees - 5 (Rusty. Very rusty. And if people watch the highlights, him and fox were marking thin air. Macdonald popped up with the goal but there was another Barnsley player that had no-one on him. Started off really poorly as well with that dodgy downwards header and missplaced passes)

Hunt - 7 (thought he had a decent game. gave away the free kick but as i've said in the Hunt post, we didn't defend it well enough. disgusting defending from the set piece)

Reach - 8 (great game out on the right, put in some decent balls and a pest all afternoon. linked up well with hunt too)

Bannan - 4 (poor, exceptionally poor. tried the hollywood pass all the time instead of driving forward. doesn't do enough to warrant a regular pick. we played some good stuff without him and won games. he needs to impose himself more in the middle otherwise its gonna be better off he doesn't play. didn't chase the ball down as much neither)

Hutch - 4 (got injured. the end)

Macca - 6 (fair game. few glimpses on it, couple of shots that perhaps he should have scored. that was it before going off with cramp?)

Winnall - 6 (worked hard, bagged a goal.)

Rhodes - 5 (nothing went for him today. no service, no balls to feet, nothing. our central players offered him nothing)

SUBS

Mattias - N/A

Jones - 5 (too slow and lethargic. Can pass but the way we've set up at the minute doesn't suit his game.)

Fletcher - 7 (did alright when he came on, battled for headers and held the ball up well.)

We are in a right rut at the moment. CC seems to be shoehorning players in to his formation and playing a specific way instead of tweaking the team to suit the players. It makes the likes of Jones, Rhodes, Winnall etc totally redundant at times ..

so so frustrating. we needed to beat Barnsley, get that momentum started but this result, for me personally, is a massive blow and might set us back a bit ..

Been saying this all season. Good players wrong system. These are good players. Be interesting to see how they would play under a different manager and set up.

Why have we wasted money on Rhodes and Winnall, both of whom are prolific scorers in this league, then asked them to play a completely different role from the one they proved successful?  Winnall in particular has been scoring goals, seemingly without effort, in the same league, against the same teams,and with an 'on paper' weaker team, in the same season. In fact, he seemed to be doing this right up to his transfer. I'm sure that these players must be as frustrated as the fans are! I we are going to play two strikers, and I'm all for this, we must play to them, yet the only time Rhodes was mentioned was when he HEADED OFF HIS OWN GOAL LINE. 

Don't forget it is written in the Good Book that 'Man cannot live by bread alone' yet we don't even provide our men with scraps, let alone food.

And like it or not, our TOP priority is a midfield general, someone who can control the defence and set up the attacks. At the moment or defence is like a proverbial sieve.