Wednesdays best goal?

Best team goal-Hirst FA Cup Final

Best Long Shot-Siggi Jonsson v Norwich

Best Free Kick-Waddle FA Cup Semi/Hirst V Man Utd, Old Trafford/Sheridan V Luton

Best Individual-Because it would have been his birthday this week....Dalian Atkinson v Liverpool

Best Header-Atdhe Nuhiu v Burnley - odd, but I really think that Big Dave's header was that good

Most importance-Llera v Brentford

Best Volley-David Hirst v Hull, v Tottingham, v Arsenal, v West Ham 1988 (still can't find this one on VT)...take your pick

Most mental celebration-Drew Talbot Play Off final/Waddle FA Cup Semi/Steve Whitton v Middlesborough

Best Hat-Trick-Hirst V Hull

Personal favourite- David Hirst v Port Vale 1991, 15 yrs old and my old man let me go with a mate because 3 points and we were up.  "Stay out of trouble and don't oppen yer gob to anyone..."  I was right behind Tricky Trevs cross as it curled over, could see yellow shirts coming in and was up before Hirst headed it in.

If anyone knows if there is video of the Hirst goal v West Ham I'd love to see if it was as good as I seem to remember it was.  It was in April 1988, v West Ham at Hillsborough.  If I recall it took one bounce after a goal kick, Hirst just turned and volleyed from about 30 yards.

46 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Best team goal-Hirst FA Cup Final

Best Long Shot-Siggi Jonsson v Norwich

Best Free Kick-Waddle FA Cup Semi/Hirst V Man Utd, Old Trafford/Sheridan V Luton

Best Individual-Because it would have been his birthday this week....Dalian Atkinson v Liverpool

Best Header-Atdhe Nuhiu v Burnley - odd, but I really think that Big Dave's header was that good

Most importance-Llera v Brentford

Best Volley-David Hirst v Hull, v Tottingham, v Arsenal, v West Ham 1988 (still can't find this one on VT)...take your pick

Most mental celebration-Drew Talbot Play Off final/Waddle FA Cup Semi/Steve Whitton v Middlesborough

Best Hat-Trick-Hirst V Hull

Personal favourite- David Hirst v Port Vale 1991, 15 yrs old and my old man let me go with a mate because 3 points and we were up.  "Stay out of trouble and don't oppen yer gob to anyone..."  I was right behind Tricky Trevs cross as it curled over, could see yellow shirts coming in and was up before Hirst headed it in.

If anyone knows if there is video of the Hirst goal v West Ham I'd love to see if it was as good as I seem to remember it was.  It was in April 1988, v West Ham at Hillsborough.  If I recall it took one bounce after a goal kick, Hirst just turned and volleyed from about 30 yards.

Have you got footage of the Siggi Jonsson goal? I've been trying to find that one for years.

Most of the one's I remember have already been mentioned, glad someone else remembers Sheridan's against pigs in zenith data though I must admit, they way I recalled it he had beaten an extra 3 men in a mazy run, prior to rocketing it in from 30 yards, memory playing tricks or was that just how I wanted to recall it? Can I  add Hirst away at Newcastle relegation 6 pointer holding on desperately to a 2-1 win about a minute left, ball goes out to Hirst on righthand touchline, run it into corner we all think, Hirst has other ideas, cuts inside (past 14 defenders) and drills shot (from 45 yards) into top corner, as only Hirst could. Absolute bedlam in away end, quality and importance of goal stick in my mind. (May have embellished it a little bit though!). Seem to remember Dean Barrick scoring a screamer at Anfield which was overshadowed by a heavy defeat. Also one particular JJ screamer at Hillsborough which nearly ripped the top corner of the net out at Leppings lane end, but can't remember who against and a Trevor Francis curler into top corner of net at Kop (again can't remember who against but may have been Bristol Rovers). Plus too many more to mention although all our goals are great, some are more special than others. Forgot Mathias at Leeds last season absolutely great technique.

Edited by OWL1969

Two which haven't been mentioned and which probably no one else will now remember.....

Tony Coleman at home to Man City on that night in 1970...

David Sunley at home to Bristol City in 1973; a goal of quite stunning brilliance when he seemed to be a potential world-beater.

Edited by fredmciverslovechild

2 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

Have you got footage of the Siggi Jonsson goal? I've been trying to find that one for years.

I don't have the footage.  A mate of mine used to have it on a vhs,  It was about a 5 second clip, no commentary.  I don't know where he got it either, but it was recorded around the time of the game because he used to sit there with his Ferguson Videostar and wired remote control making sure he got all the goals on whatever highlights programme was showing them (Goals on Sunday on YTV?).  Anyway, it was mashed together with some audio dubbing and whatever music he put over the top.  Some achievement for an 12 year old lad with that kit...

6 hours ago, spike1867 said:

I don't have the footage.  A mate of mine used to have it on a vhs,  It was about a 5 second clip, no commentary.  I don't know where he got it either, but it was recorded around the time of the game because he used to sit there with his Ferguson Videostar and wired remote control making sure he got all the goals on whatever highlights programme was showing them (Goals on Sunday on YTV?).  Anyway, it was mashed together with some audio dubbing and whatever music he put over the top.  Some achievement for an 12 year old lad with that kit...

I saw that goal live...fk me what a strike...makes harkeseys look crap

14 hours ago, PuntItLikeDielna said:

Tudgay vs Pigs

Matias vs Leeds

Brunt vs Leeds

Brunt vs Blackpool

Wallace vs Fulham

Harkes vs Derby

Waddle vs Pigs

Hamshaw vs Watford

Di Piedi vs Sunderland

I can't recall one v Blackpool but I remember him scoring a brilliant goal against Coventry.

All the others were super goals, I'd add Hirst v Man Utd, Volley from out wide in last minute and Terry Curran v pigs at Bramall Lane.

I remember the impact young Humpreys had when he broke into the team. I really thought we had a wee little star on out hands.

Seem to remember he got glandular fever or some such and was never quite the same chap...for us at least. 

Great composed finish here.

Guest Ash76
9 hours ago, spike1867 said:

That goal needs to be online