give it a rest

your time and fingers that is. Whichever camp you're in  with the Carlos in or out, it would be ludicrous to contemplate change at this stage. Derby have done it because they realise there's no chance of promotion and are giving the new bloke a chance to put things right before next season.

DC will not change things until seasons end at which time I fully expect CC to be gone if we go up or not.

Love Carlos and what he gave us last year, but being realistic he seems to have lost something, he has his favourites and is intransigent but it would be folly to change now.

whoever we get in, be it prem or as we are, I can see DC bringing someone in who we have never heard of. 

4 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

your time and fingers that is. Whichever camp you're in  with the Carlos in or out, it would be ludicrous to contemplate change at this stage. Derby have done it because they realise there's no chance of promotion and are giving the new bloke a chance to put things right before next season.

DC will not change things until seasons end at which time I fully expect CC to be gone if we go up or not.

Love Carlos and what he gave us last year, but being realistic he seems to have lost something, he has his favourites and is intransigent but it would be folly to change now.

whoever we get in, be it prem or as we are, I can see DC bringing someone in who we have never heard of. 

Agreed

I think the Chairman will be considering it and I don't blame him one bit.

Gut feeling is that he will probably keep his job until the end of the season.  If he gets us promoted, he will keep his job, if we fail, he will lose his job. 

However, If he does lose his job within the next few days, he has only got himself to blame! Unbelievable opportunity and he has made a hash of it this season.

Pure and simple if we drop out of the playoffs or stay in and don't go up Carlos will be gone . 

Personally I think he's out of his depth and has hit his brick wall. I hope he can break through it and change mine and many others opinion of him. It's just frustrating to see all this cash spent and we're still no better off than we were last season.

Last night was was the final straw for me. We didn't have a plan A nevermind a plan B. The players looked completely disinterested and Carlos did nothing to try an influence the game / motivate from the sidelines. And to top it all off his post match comments said he thought the players attitudes were fantastic. Is he mad?! 

The sad thing is that it wasn't a one off, it's been the same all season. We're lucky that we're even in the running for the top 6. 

Id get rid of him now, what's the point in waiting for the inevitable? We're outsiders for the playoffs now and even if we make them there's no chance we can win them with him in charge. 

Last season was a honeymoon period and it's well and truely over! 

I thought the post match interview was a little strange.  Although he said he thought the players were fantastic, his body language was saying different things.  He looked totally uneasy and as if he didn't know where he was going from this point forward.

Whether Carlos should go or not really depends on why our form has gone so downhill and why we have played like we have this season. If it is just a genuine lost of form brought on due to injuries and some players not being up to speed then it can be fixed quickly on the training ground. However if it is due to players feeling out in the cold and not part of the squad not wanting to play for Carlos then he has to go now because a new manager will change some of those players mentality. 

The thing is only those inside the club know the real reason. But you can't blame fans for thinking it could be a dressing room issue. Carlos treatment of some players negative and positive (those in the cold and having seemingly favourites) does make you wonder plus the FF issue as well.

The injures are resulting in Carlos having to rely on some of those players which he may not have a great relationship with. Remember footballers are not like normal people many are egomaniacs who think they are better than what they are and don't take kindly being sidelined for much of the season

I believe Carlos will be given to the end of the season as it would be a massive gamble from Chansiri to pot him and he may cop the brunt of any backlash if we failed to get in the top six with a new manager at the helm.  From his position the safe option for him is to stick with Carlos until the end of the season and then review dependent on the outcome.

It would be a ballsy decision to chop Carlos at this stage and a risk in all probability that is unnecessary at this point when in 8 weeks he could chop him with minimal repercussions if we finish outside the play-offs.

The smart money for this reason must be on Carlos to stay until May.

The overriding factor is Chansiri, someone who plays his cards very close to his chest; therefore it is very difficult to gauge his feelings on our present predicament or his thoughts on Carlos.

Would be interesting to hear if there are any bookies odds relating to the future of Carlos.

UTO

I can sympathise with both sides of the argument.

Carlos is a likeable guy who has probably earned enough goodwill to see out the season. We're not out of the playoffs (yet), and there's no guarantees than any knee-jerk replacement would be any better.

However - the other three teams in the playoffs are Huddersfield, Leeds and Reading. While all decent sides deserving of a top six place, this isn't the strongest pack of playoff contenders the Championship has seen (are any of these as strong as say, Brighton and Hull from last season?). This represents a huge opportunity if Wednesday can make the playoffs - but despite all of the money spent we're arguably playing worse than we were last season. Changing managers does sometimes lead to a short-term uplift in form - is it worth the gamble?

Edited by SquirrelSlingshot

2 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

like carlos