Rhodes and Winnall

2 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Well I jolly well disagree lol

4 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Rhodes is pathetic 

Rhodes is obviously a good striker and a very good player.

I firmly lay the blame on Carlos here. He's had unbelievable financial backing but a lack of plan has cost him dear. If I was the chairman, I would be considering my options tonight

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well, with our injuries, that would have left us with Nuhiu and Fletcher for tonight's game, and no attacker on the bench

either of those two though, with a quick young striker playing off them

Don't believe everything you read !

I would have thought you more than many of the new posters on here would have known that WTF:

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Rhodes is obviously a good striker and a very good player.

I firmly lay the blame on Carlos here. He's had unbelievable financial backing but a lack of plan has cost him dear. If I was the chairman, I would be considering my options tonight

lol yeah everyone fault but Rhodes.

Fletcher has got to start with Rhodes. Winnall is playing a deep like number 10 position, but he's not a good enough footballer to do that.

I'm not knocking the lad but he can't play the role he's been put in, he worked his testicles off but that's not everything 

37 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

Fletcher has got to start with Rhodes. Winnall is playing a deep like number 10 position, but he's not a good enough footballer to do that.

I'm not knocking the lad but he can't play the role he's been put in, he worked his testicles off but that's not everything 

Agreed, and Im not knocking either of them, but bringing them in hasn't done the manager any favours. They are not right for the way he wants to play, so he either has to change the way we play, or maybe DC will have to look for someone who can play in a way that gets the best out of them.

2 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Why?  What you expect him to do, make you a ham sarnie and a cuppa and give you a shuffle?  

Scoring a goal would be a start, it's 1 in 10 games? or so. I ask myself, would Newcastle or Brighton have him in their team? I think not, sell him on in the summer, but I suspect no one will be silly enough to pay him £18,000 a week.

Edited by bluemagic

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agreed, and Im not knocking either of them, but bringing them in hasn't done the manager any favours. They are not right for the way he wants to play, so he either has to change the way we play, or maybe DC will have to look for someone who can play in a way that gets the best out of them.

I don't think it's a question of the way we choose to play but more of the way we are forced to play. We get the ball in CM and in always goes out to the wings backwards or a long punt forward and lose possession. Nobody is square to receive the ball in CM, nobody plays any 1-2s or anything like that. It's because nobody moves into space so we are forced to play the way we do 

Edited by pgmetcalf

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

We'll try again shall we So, when do they start tearing the division a new one? That was the consensus of opinion when we signed them

You just couldn't wait for us to lose tonight could you?

23 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

Winnall is playing a deep like number 10 position, but he's not a good enough footballer to do that.

Yep. Been saying this for a bit.

Have to feel for him. He's giving everything and the blame has to land at Carlos' feet on this one. 

Serious question... why is Winnall never in the box? I get that he has he ability to pick the ball up & drive but that's on the counter attack.

At times tonight he was near our half way line when the wingers & centre mids further forward than him. And I'm not blaming Winnall, I'm sure he'd prefer to be near the box.