Rhodes and Winnall

42 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

To be fair most regulars on here know that. Rhodes is a fantastic asset to have. It runs deeper IMO than individual players. Like I say it looks like a general malaise. We might have signed another CB or rampaging central midfielder or flying winger and it might well have ended up the same. We have terrific players on the books who I believe are not achieving full potential as a group. IMO it runs deeper than Rhodes or Winnall or other individuals for that matter.

We do have a talented squad of individuals, but no sign of a winning side Stand by my opinion, Rhodes and Winnall, were not what was needed

Edited by gurujuan

Just now, gurujuan said:

What I find difficult to understand, we all watched us from August to January, what made any of you think sticking Rhodes and Winnall in that team, would make us a more potent side

Rhodes is a born goal scorer. Great to get when available. As I say I think that the problem is more general and again we might have signed players in other positions and still ended up the same. What we have could and should IMO be capable of better.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We do have a talented squad of individuals, but no sign of a winning side Stand by my opinion, Rhodes and Winnall, we're not what was needed

I know lol

You probably know too by now that my opinion is that Rhodes in particular is a fantastic asset who for whatever reason we are not seeing the best of (as is the case in far too many of our player... )

Edited by Dagmeister

36 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Rhodes is a born goal scorer. Great to get when available. As I say I think that the problem is more general and again we might have signed players in other positions and still ended up the same. What we have could and should IMO be capable of better.

We might have, but a new centre back, another midfielder and quick striker, instead of McManaman, Rhodes and Winnall, would, I feel, have served us better

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What I find difficult to understand, we all watched us from August to January, what made any of you think sticking Rhodes and Winnall in that team, would make us a more potent side

Carlos did but I suggest he doesnt know what he is doing.

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I suggested that they might struggle playing here, IF it's a service issue, maybe we didn't need new strikers

I 'm not sure we did, we had Big Dave, Fessi, Hooper last season. IMO it's the way we play trying to control and slow the game right from the kick off

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We'll try again shall we So, when do they start tearing the division a new one? That was the consensus of opinion when we signed them

It would help if they got service and didn't have to come deep or onto the wing to look for the ball

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We might have, but a new centre back, another midfielder and quick striker, instead of McManaman, Rhodes and Winnall, would, I feel, have served us better

Maybe, maybe not. I have rather less confidence that CC and his team would get the best out of your suggested signings ; at least quickly enough.

This season is slipping and unless something dramatically changes then I'd expect to see the real benefit of Rhodes (and possibly Winnall) next term probably under a new coach.

Edited by Dagmeister

Guest The Horse
24 minutes ago, clud17 said:

Probably when we get an effective midfield

24 minutes ago, Pinky said:

Poor service, slow boring football in the middle third. Little wonder they are struggling.

This and this again.
All those quality midfielders and they couldn't unlock their own front doors.

Serious questions need asking of Carlos.

38 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

I 'm not sure we did, we had Big Dave, Fessi, Hooper last season. IMO it's the way we play trying to control and slow the game right from the kick off

With Fletcher, added, had we maybe brought in a quick young striker, then we'd have had a better balanced group

They weren't required last seasons four strikers plus fletcher is more than enough for this league and should have been persisted with this season. I understand the temptation with rhodes and am still glad hes here but he makes one of hooper or fletcher redundant which is not what we need and long term I dont see where winnall fits in even if he is a success he probably makes joao redundant which is more money down the drain. We'd be a much stronger team had we spent 8 million quid on a left back or winger and signed another centre half instead of winnall.

37 minutes ago, trask43 said:

They weren't required last seasons four strikers plus fletcher is more than enough for this league and should have been persisted with this season. I understand the temptation with rhodes and am still glad hes here but he makes one of hooper or fletcher redundant which is not what we need and long term I dont see where winnall fits in even if he is a success he probably makes joao redundant which is more money down the drain. We'd be a much stronger team had we spent 8 million quid on a left back or winger and signed another centre half instead of winnall.

Well, with our injuries, that would have left us with Nuhiu and Fletcher for tonight's game, and no attacker on the bench

either of those two though, with a quick young striker playing off them

Edited by gurujuan

Guest RocketOwl
3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No, just not what was needed

I agree we don't need a weak, slow and immobile striker we already have Fletcher and Nuhiu.

Hurry baxk Hooper.