Carlos too clever for our players?

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he's getting results and we are heading for the play offs ,why would anyone question what he's doing .....

For me its because I believe we have the players to do far better than...

6th

12 points behind Brighton already

Play the style of football we play

35 minutes ago, modboy said:

i dont watch enough of the other teams to know but what sort of style do the other teams have in the championship

Newcastle - fast and pacy (i think)

Brighton - fast and pacy too i think

Leeds - strong and direct?

Reading - not a clue

Hudds - tippy tappy play out of the back like us

Us - slowly does it and narrow

Derby

Preston

Fulham

Villa

Reading-see Huddersfield

Just now, gurujuan said:

Reading-see Huddersfield

so the common denominator seems to be about being strong and tall down the spine with a bit of flair on the wings and a fast striker playing off a target man?

Guess we are about 70% of the way there?

34 minutes ago, modboy said:

so the common denominator seems to be about being strong and tall down the spine with a bit of flair on the wings and a fast striker playing off a target man?

Guess we are about 70% of the way there?

It's more about playing to your strengths. Are we doing that? We have two players, who are arguably better than any of our rivals at finding space between the lines. This will cause the best sides problems if used correctly. We are a much better footballing side than the one that Carlos currently has on show

1 hour ago, Colin Parkinson said:

Reach cuts in way to much and leaves pudil so open and only time he got a decent ball in was wen he moved to lb we sit to deep at times and dont press hard inuf in my view 

You do realise that that is our "style of play"?

Wide midfielders (Wallace, Reach, or occassionally FF, Bannan, Buckley) cut inside leaving space for the fullbacks. 

Where was Hunt when he got injured? Did you notice Palmer's run to collect a ball over the fullback (similar to at Newcastle) where he too got injured?

Unless we change our style/tactics, Reach will continue to be more effective as a fullback than a winger. Hence we need two top quality fullbacks to make our system work. The more you look at it, the clearer it is that these positions are key to our play. It might help bring out the best in Fletcher / Winnall too.

Just now, Holmowl said:

For me its because I believe we have the players to do far better than...

6th

12 points behind Brighton already

Play the style of football we play

i'm sure most would have took 6th at the start of the season .......we arnt a top 2 side no matter what style we play , how we play is not good to watch but  it will get us where we'll want to be after 46 games and take our shot  in the lottery of the play offs .

2 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

You do realise that that is our "style of play"?

Wide midfielders (Wallace, Reach, or occassionally FF, Bannan, Buckley) cut inside leaving space for the fullbacks. 

Where was Hunt when he got injured? Did you notice Palmer's run to collect a ball over the fullback (similar to at Newcastle) where he too got injured?

Unless we change our style/tactics, Reach will continue to be more effective as a fullback than a winger. Hence we need two top quality fullbacks to make our system work. The more you look at it, the clearer it is that these positions are key to our play. It might help bring out the best in Fletcher / Winnall too.

I agree with this and to put it bluntly both full backs who started last night are not up to it - CC was shouting at Pudil for much of the first half, but he should see that Pudil is limited in ability and slow. We needed two full backs in the Summer and played safe and brought Pudil back and ignored the RB. Hopefully Fox and/or Urby will give us something at LB, when the appear.