Preston vs Sheffield Wednesday - Official Matchday Thread

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I'd have packed the midfield today, it was an ideal game to play Jones and use Nuhiu and Joao from the bench. Hirst on the bench, shows we don't have the strength in depth, we perhaps think we do

Carlos understands what fans want, they want a fairytale and he wants nothing more than to be 3-0 up and give young Hirst a half hour cameo.   We have Joao on the bench, how many options does a side need from the subs bench when it's already far too large.

1 minute ago, Andoverowl said:

Have you seen the bench by the way looks far too lightweight in terms of attacking options.

True, but as I said, we have no idea what might be going on behind the scenes with Abdi.

Clearly something's not right, but to claim that 'it's a joke the way Abdi has been treated' without knowing the full story seems a bit presumptuous. It wouldn't be in Carlos' interests to leave a fit and firing Abdi out of our squad, would it?

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I'd have packed the midfield today, it was an ideal game to play Jones and use Nuhiu and Joao from the bench. Hirst on the bench, shows we don't have the strength in depth, we perhaps think we do

I think the big lad up front will do well vs these. Put himself about a bit then unleash Joao to break his barren spell. 

Different players for different games! 

9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I think the big lad up front will do well vs these. Put himself about a bit then unleash Joao to break his barren spell. 

Different players for different games! 

Think you're right re the battering ram up fron to tire em out a bit, will make it perfect for the young messiah to show his worth...

Not Joao...

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

True, but as I said, we have no idea what might be going on behind the scenes with Abdi.

Clearly something's not right, but to claim that 'it's a joke the way Abdi has been treated' without knowing the full story seems a bit presumptuous. It wouldn't be in Carlos' interests to leave a fit and firing Abdi out of our squad, would it?

On the bench Monday night , not even in matchday squad today,no reported injury problem overlooked apparently Sougou on bench need I go on?

Just now, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Think you're right re the battering ram up fron to tire em out a bit, will make it perfect for the young messiah to show his worth...

Not Joao...

I'd love us to be clear and feel free to let hirst have a run out but I fear this may be a bit physical for him. 

Time will tell, excited for this one! Excited and hopeful. 

Just now, Andoverowl said:

On the bench Monday night , not even in matchday squad today,no reported injury problem overlooked apparently Sougou on bench need I go on?

Please do.

What's he been like in training this week? Is he up for the battle today's game is likely to be? Has he suffered a recurrence of his shoulder injury?