Minutes applause on Saturday

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/wednesday-tribute-on-saturday-3469889.aspx

PUBLISHED

10:50 15th December 2016

A minute’s applause will take place before Saturday's game between the Owls and the Millers.

The tribute is to commemorate all those lost from the Wednesday family this year in our last home game of 2016.

Please rise and pay your respects immediately before kick-off at 3.00pm.

Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/wednesday-tribute-on-saturday-3469889.aspx#1wFRXsDySmqx65mb.99

Rip Auntie Gwen....loved her stories about walking from 'the other side of town' to every home match from the late 1940s onwards!! She and her mate once met a couple from Leicester at S6 during a match whilst on the South Stand side of the ground and were invited to attend the return match later in the season..they exchanged addresses and the Leicester couple wrote to her Mum n Dad saying they would be met off the train, taken to the match treated to a meal afterwards then returned back to the station for a specified train...which they did!! ..how good is that!!! 

Edited by Prendo's boots

My grandma and grandad were taken upstairs two week between each other. 

They were together for 72 years Met each other at 14 stayed together until death  which was exactly 14 days apart,  guess my grandad wanted 2 weeks of peace before he went with her! Had a double funeral.

They watched the PO final together my gran had dementia and kept asking the line up every 5 minutes. She always called it Owlerton and not Hillsborough to this day. My grandad was as he called it "He was just a fan but honoured to have been chosen to follow wednesday"

I had a feeling we sould lose them this year and i wanted the play off final win so they got to see their club for last time back where we belong.

Both left us on the eve of the season, they were my family and my wednesday family too.

I know they will be watching down, i know my gran will be ripping the club a new one everytime we concede or lose, i know my grandad will be telling her to chill and accept she was chosen to follow wednesday and its not easy and we are allowed to concede.

RIP

37 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

They were together for 72 years Met each other at 14 stayed together until death  which was exactly 14 days apart,  guess my grandad wanted 2 weeks of peace before he went with her! Had a double funeral.

They watched the PO final together my gran had dementia and kept asking the line up every 5 minutes. She always called it Owlerton and not Hillsborough to this day. My grandad was as he called it "He was just a fan but honoured to have been chosen to follow wednesday"

I had a feeling we sould lose them this year and i wanted the play off final win so they got to see their club for last time back where we belong.

Both left us on the eve of the season, they were my family and my wednesday family too.

I know they will be watching down, i know my gran will be ripping the club a new one everytime we concede or lose, i know my grandad will be telling her to chill and accept she was chosen to follow wednesday and its not easy and we are allowed to concede.

RIP

Brilliant, love stories like that.

Shame we didn't win at Wembley for them and for the other lost owls.

Wawaw 

1 hour ago, tuttuttut said:

RIP

Lovely story mate.