Progress

Thought I would compare our league record so far this season to our playoff final campaign last season. Might not seem like it in terms of entertainment value, but it definitely shows that progress is being made :)

If we get 7 points from our next 8 league matches, we will be in a better position than at the same time last season.

graph.png

Edited by RyanSWFC

I think we are in a much better position but we had a magnificient run last season after xmas which isn't guaranteed to happen again. I'm confident the play offs will be achieved but the top 2 will be incredibly difficult & require some luck.

I think we've made a lot of progress under Carlos. 

If we can keep getting consistent away results we can at least challenge for top 2.

We finally seem to have found a way of playing away and it's important we have a settled team imo.

2 minutes ago, RyanSWFC said:

Made an updated version of the graph showing the average points totals needed to finish in the top 2 and top 6 over the last 10 years.

Untitled.png

Nice work Ryan, though adding the "stay up" line strikes me as a tad unnecessary!

So you are saying we are comfortably on schedule for the play-offs, and pretty near an auto spot in a normal year.

I think neither Brighton nor Norwich will be very consistent, so hopefully the 2nd place points total needed will not be too great.

27 minutes ago, RyanSWFC said:

Made an updated version of the graph showing the average points totals needed to finish in the top 2 and top 6 over the last 10 years.

Untitled.png

I love a good graph, I can sit and stare at 'em for ages

There's probably a word for that ......

... Sad?

2 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

I do love a good bloody graph. Especially one that shows we have improved. 

Another positive to take is we haven't even got top gear yet. Although this needs to happen soon for us to keep in contention for autos. 

When my daughter was 13 I took her to my office for some work experience, and to keep her quiet I gave her loads of company info and asked her to turn it into graphs. I thought this would keep her busy for two days so she wouldnt pester me or my colleagues for more to do. After about two hours she said "Finished...now what can I do dad?"

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Anybody spotted the flaw?

The graph only goes up to 90 points.

Just saying.

I spotted another flaw - the graph cannot be drawn accurately, since we seem to have been deducted points since the lines should be horizontal if we don't gain points (ie,  horizontal) and  not to drop as shown in a number of places! 

Edited by owls-swfc

Just opened this up to read 33's words of wisdom, headed towards the lounge, fell over my son's shoes he'd left laying about the hall, stumbled into the Gary Bannister, desperately clutching my iPad, and ended up with a close up view as the iPad caught the side of my head, as I recovered my balance.

Graphical into face innit.