Almen Abdi joins Sheffield Wednesday - video

7 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

Good marketing by the club for once

Made by whowever represents him, not the club. Would be nice to see more insightful videos actually made by the club though wouldnt it.

Edited by adamnich

Guest The Claw

good vid, cant help but mention the club badge, it has two different types of eyes. one has them open and one sleepy. sorry if this has been said before but whish is the official one?

Just now, The Claw said:

good vid, cant help but mention the club badge, it has two different types of eyes. one has them open and one sleepy. sorry if this has been said before but whish is the official one?

Round eyes, although they arent on the shirt.

This was on his Facebook feed a few days back. 

I'm very excited about what Abdi can bring, both on and off the pitch. 

He seems like another good character to go with the others that we already have at the club. 

Like FF he seems to enjoy interacting with the fans which is a good trait. 

Enjoyed watching that and I agree, would be nice to see more of those.  

Interesting that he is good friends with Gokhan Inler at Leicester.  Same agents and team mates at Udinese and Switzerland.  Inler hardly featured at all last year for Leicester,  and didn't make the match day squad  for most of the second half of the season.  He is a player capable of playing the defensive midfielder role who can double as cover in CM.  Whether or not he'd make the move permanent I'm not sure, but at 32 probably doesn't want to be missing matchday squads too frequently.  Don't think a player with the amount of international and Serie A appearances he has can turn into a bad player overnight. The "project" as Abdi called it and the positive light with which the club was presented to him might be enough to tempt him.   

Edited by spike1867