OFFICIAL 2016/17 BBC Radio Sheffield Football Heaven SWFC Thread

13 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Balby Owl ... I could afford to go if it was £18, but I can't afford more because I'm on the dole, so what should I do Junatun?  

Get a job?

I'm sorry but going to football is not a right. If you can't afford it then that's the crux of it. A good few years back when I was out of work I couldn't go due to having other things to pay for.

7 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

I'm sorry but going to football is not a right. If you can't afford it then that's the crux of it. A good few years back when I was out of work I couldn't go due to having other things to pay for.

The percentage of working people who can afford to go to football at PL and EFL level is dwindling rapidly.

I can't stand Glenn the Wednesday fan, he rings in fairly regularly and gives his opinions which is fine but when either Rob or Jonny disagrees with him he goes into this defensive mode which really annoys me. If people disagree with you it doesn't mean they are trying to offend you Glenn, don't take it personally. Also in response to a text from last night's programme about Wednesday fans being pleased with 2 points from Villa and Norwich. Would we? I wouldn't have been pleased with that, 4 maybe but 2? 

On 8/10/2016 at 19:13, ANDY said:

I'd like an Audi R8, but i cant afford one. i don't moan at Audi to lower their prices to make it more affordable.

Comparing going to football with buying an Audi R8 tho

lol

Edited by rickygoo

6 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Comparing going to football with buying an Audi R8 tho

lol

The he point I was making was that if someone can't afford something then they don't have it. Be it an R8, a week in the canaries, a season ticket or a single match day ticket. 

You our cut your cloth accordingly. 

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

The he point I was making was that if someone can't afford something then they don't have it. Be it an R8, a week in the canaries, a season ticket or a single match day ticket. 

You our cut your cloth accordingly. 

I am well aware of the point you're making. Football traditionally has been affordable to poorer sections of society. Audis haven't.