OFFICIAL 2016/17 BBC Radio Sheffield Football Heaven SWFC Thread

59 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I am well aware of the point you're making. Football traditionally has been affordable to poorer sections of society. Audis haven't. 

Yes Traditionally. 

but it's not any more. And why should a hard working man (or woman) pay full whack for something and the unemployed expect a discount. 

1 hour ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Are you saying someone on the dole should be able to afford to go?

It would be nice - it actually used to be possible but sadly I cant see those days returning.

But there's a happier medium if not - in my eyes anyway. I `m very aware many/most people don't agree. 

lol

Edited by rickygoo

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

I am well aware of the point you're making. Football traditionally has been affordable to poorer sections of society. Audis haven't. 

I have the answer RG.

'Audi Banks' in the stylee of 'Food Banks'.

Clearly the starving masses who would die of malnutrition & starvation without food banks (whilst smoking, drinking and using their £600.00 mobiles), (not all at the same time i hasten to add), obviously have the Human right of driving a decent car. Although an Audi isn't as socially acceptable as a Merc (obviously), it would undoubtedly be a much more pleasant experience than having to take a taxi to collect their edible goodies.

In periods of recession within the automotive industry where there is over supply. The excess production could be sent to the 'Audi Bank' for the truly deserving.

See, job done. 

All it takes is to think outside the box & voila, problem solved. 

Edited by bigthinrob

Just now, bigthinrob said:

I have the answer RG.

'Audi Banks' in the stylee of 'Food Banks'.

Clearly the starving masses who would die of malnutrition & starvation without food banks (whilst smoking, drinking and using their £600.00 mobiles), (not all at the same time i hasten to add), obviously have the Human right of driving a decent car. Although an Audi isn't as socially acceptable as a Merc (obviously), it would undoubtedly be a much more pleasant experience than having to take a taxi.

In periods of recession within the automotive industry where there is over supply. The excess production could be sent to the 'Audi Bank' for the truly deserving.

See, job done. 

All it takes is to think outside the box & voila, problem solved. 

Are you IDS

lol

12 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Comparing going to football with buying an Audi R8 tho

lol

It's not fair, why shouldn't I have an R8? The government aren't in touch with what we want. I can't get a job cos all these foreigners are coming in taking em. (Puffs cigarette)  I was looking at one on my iPad other day, they're lovely, I even showed it my girlfriend on our telly. It looks reyt good in ultra HD.

My ex wife also wants one, I only see her now and again as she's got the kids. I love them kids I do. I've got all their names on my arms. Some folk call me a bad Dad, but I take em out once a fortnight once I get my Giro. Some Dads hardly see their kids at all. I walked em to the bus every day of their school lives, I couldn't work whilst they were young, what if they were ill or summat, I'd need to be there for em wouldn't I? I'd love to work if I could, but there aint any, My last job was great, I  used to label cans in Wards brewery. I nearly got the sack a few times tho cos I was caught robbing some kegs. They didn't get me everytime tho, nice little earner that, 1 keg a week and I saved up to get me this sound system. Pumps out some reyt volume. Neighbours round here are a reyt miserable bunch tho. Take last Tuesday, I was minding me own business, having a few cans, playing some tunes whilst I was changing an exhaust on me mates car and him o'er there was going loopy. Turn that down he were saying, it's gone 11 and I've got be up at 6 for work. Some reyt miserable sods round here tha knows?

Anyway this R8, is it available on Motability ?

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Last night,  know nowt Staton effectively saying Howson's reporting in The Star is crap, or he's PR tool for the club.

Then he got embarrased by a caller with examples of players in Championship signed by rivals, said down to buy out clauses. How's he know the Derby 2 don't have these?

This from a muppet who has backed every local manager under pressure, only for them to be sacked  a few days later. Even Brian's better than that.

The guys a tool and a bit thick so he should stick to NFL where he gets 10 mins between each play to think about things, while daft adverts are on telly.  

21 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

It's not fair, why shouldn't I have an R8? The government aren't in touch with what we want. I can't get a job cos all these foreigners are coming in taking em. (Puffs cigarette)  I was looking at one on my iPad other day, they're lovely, I even showed it my girlfriend on our telly. It looks reyt good in ultra HD.

My ex wife also wants one, I only see her now and again as she's got the kids. I love them kids I do. I've got all their names on my arms. Some folk call me a bad Dad, but I take em out once a fortnight once I get my Giro. Some Dads hardly see their kids at all. I walked em to the bus every day of their school lives, I couldn't work whilst they were young, what if they were ill or summat, I'd need to be there for em wouldn't I? I'd love to work if I could, but there aint any, My last job was great, I  used to label cans in Wards brewery. I nearly got the sack a few times tho cos I was caught robbing some kegs. They didn't get me everytime tho, nice little earner that, 1 keg a week and I saved up to get me this sound system. Pumps out some reyt volume. Neighbours round here are a reyt miserable bunch tho. Take last Tuesday, I was minding me own business, having a few cans, playing some tunes whilst I was changing an exhaust on me mates car and him o'er there was going loopy. Turn that down he were saying, it's gone 11 and I've got be up at 6 for work. Some reyt miserable sods round here tha knows?

Anyway this R8, is it available on Motability ?

Satire clearly isn't dead eh. It's just that its targets have moved slightly.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/aug/11/inheritance-tax-why-the-new-duke-of-westminster-will-not-pay-billions

But we are here to discuss football.

lol