C.D. Nacional vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Guest Grez Bez
37 minutes ago, highbury owl said:

Opposites of a standard somewhere between Hamilton Academical and Albion Rovers

Can only beat what is put in front of you, and we did!

(Albion Rover's stadium better than C.D. National's)

No idea what your on about? Is it a joke?

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

They were. Another run out and nobody hurt though.

Dunno, Hutch and Hunt went off after 15mins. Hopefully a precaution. 

13 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Dunno, Hutch and Hunt went off after 15mins. Hopefully a precaution. 

9 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Agree. Better now than match day. 

Apparently hutch is not injured and came off because he had a tight back. Don't know about hunt tho

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Owls99er said:

Apparently hutch is not injured and came off because he had a tight back. Don't know about hunt tho

Well that's semi-good news, I suppose. 

14 minutes ago, Owls99er said:

Hunt took a knock to the face early on, but it didn't appear to be serious. He then got clattered challenging for a header so it was probably a precautionary substitution. 

Just got in from the game after a celebration drink. Wednesday played some really good stuff tonight. This is the fourth time I have watched them here in Portugal in pre-season against Portuguese opposition. First time they have won here. The Portuguese league other than Benfica, Sporting, Porto, Braga, is about mid to top level of the Championship. So tonight's demolition of Nacional was much more down to Wednesday being a very good team than Nacional being a poor one. If we get the right two or three quality signings I can't see why we can't make it to the Prem this season. Been watching the Owls since 1974 and this is the most enjoyable football I have watched since the Trevor Francis years.

38 minutes ago, Portugal Owl said:

Just got in from the game after a celebration drink. Wednesday played some really good stuff tonight. This is the fourth time I have watched them here in Portugal in pre-season against Portuguese opposition. First time they have won here. The Portuguese league other than Benfica, Sporting, Porto, Braga, is about mid to top level of the Championship. So tonight's demolition of Nacional was much more down to Wednesday being a very good team than Nacional being a poor one. If we get the right two or three quality signings I can't see why we can't make it to the Prem this season. Been watching the Owls since 1974 and this is the most enjoyable football I have watched since the Trevor Francis years.

Wednesday beat Reading out on Portugal before signing Antonio

1 hour ago, Portugal Owl said:

I'm in. I know it's only preseason so the results really don't meant a lot but, it sounds like we've got our mojo back.

It's only been 15 years. :tango: