How have we ended up with so many without ID and points?

This seems to be a genuine epidemic. There must have been 50 plus threads on here begging for IDs. How has this ended up happening?

The general reasons seem to be either that they have been to loads of games but have paid on the gate or that someone else has bought their tickets for them. Both of these are a little confusing in some ways. Am I correct in saying that if you pay on the day and don't have membership you pay an extra £5 per game? Why would people do this? And if you get someone to buy your tickets for you, you can still get the points on your ID.

So what is to blame here? Are people just creatures of habit who have fallen behind the times? Is it a technophobe thing, not trusting online sales? Or have the club just not done enough to make clear how important priority points are? Personally I thought this was well known now. But this could purely be because I've been to a lot of away games that require them. I don't think home games have ever required priority points. If you are one of the unlucky ones, I'd be interested in your perspective.

I realise that hindsight is a wonderful thing and the mistakes that have been made cannot be unmade, unfortunately. (though I am surprised the club hasn't done something to allocate some points to those who have clearly had people buying for them - if you buy two tickets per game, the second ticket must have been for someone). At least we know that this won't be an issue in future. I doubt anyone will make the same mistake again.

I moved from Sheffield, so have not been to as many matches as previous seasons. I have points but my gf who goes to games with me, I had just bought them so she has no points. There will be 1000's of reasons, we have a huge fan base and will also have a lot of fairweather fans.

I bought mine and my boyfriends tickets on my ID so he got no points. I didn't know about the friends/family option to allocate points.

(Neither did my dad who is an ST holder)

Didn't buy a membership cause there was no way of knowing how many games we'd be able to get to. Obviously I would get one knowing what I know now!

Been going since 90's. Die hard fan with swfc tattooed on me, go to all night games and the odd Saturday due to work, my mum and her fella signed up to membership, completely forgetting I had an ID I just booked on her number for simplicity, never thought it would leave me in the poo poo over seeing my team at Wembley.

Looking across all other teams in play offs, there is only owls doing a points/tier system. My bro in law already has his Barnsley tickets and they didn't get through til Thursday night and us owls with no points are left in the lurch. I've accepted that I won't be going, but all my friends and family are certain it will go to general sale 🤔

Me and my two lads are ST holders, when I have purchased away tickets for us all I have only been received 10 tpp, I was never told about friends and family receiving tpp also !!!

Then you have definitely been screwed. I do the exact same for my daughters and we all get 10 points. It is automatic. The club should be obliged to sit it out as that is their mistake.

I've placed no importance on how I buy tickets, who buys them for me etc. I've also had a few problems online when trying to buy tickets and ended up using other methods- didn't once consider any impact on priority points.

This to a tee

Just posted an "answer" on another thread! The wife and I book on line, we have one account, one ID, so when we buy tickets its one transaction. Must be plenty of others like that surely.

I'll probably get shot down for being a part timer and playing the system but I secured my ticket yesterday.

I've had season tickets since about 5 years ago when I moved down south. Even then I at least bought a membership so I could get some sort of priority on London away days and also to feel part of the club. This season I was out of the UK for four months from September so it didn't cross my mind to buy at least a membership. I returned to the uk (unemployed) but managed to get to two home games then I left for the south again when I got a job.

Last week after the first leg I was in Berlin on a stag. I could foresee memberships would be important given the uproar on the priority system for that game. I somehow managed with rubbish WiFi and a ridiculous hangover to buy one off my phone. Best £31 I ever spent, even though at that time it was a slight punt.

I can't get my head round people who still don't at least buy using their client number or with a membership, online?

Edited by thoß

Then you have definitely been screwed. I do the exact same for my daughters and we all get 10 points. It is automatic. The club should be obliged to sit it out as that is their mistake.

I wasn't happy when I found out, luckily their ST's got them tickets but I will be taking it up with ticket office when the dust settles.

We (as a family) have 5 Client Id's.

3 are season ticket holders. Myself and my 2 year old grandson both have ID's with no points. This is purely because when we have attended matches, its just been easier to purchase the tickets on the main client ID that we log in with...one of the ST holders.

The ST holder does not get extra points for our tickets.

I can see why there are so many people who do attend games, that have no points :)

Right I'm going to join the ranks of the miffed now!

I've only just realised that every time we brought two tickets on our shared ID, it only counted as 10 tpp per match, not per ticket

Oh well wise after the event, we'll still get one ticket :sad: 

I wasn't really thinking of fairweather fans. Most of the ID requests on here claim to have everything genuine reasons.

A lot of requests for IDs are for people wanting take family or friends who never go.

My Mrs asked to go and she doesn't even like football, so I told her to feck off. lol

I have purchased 2 and 3 tickets at a time this season and on 2 occasions 5 tickets, receiving 10 priority points each time because I only used my id, my son went into the ticket office earlier this week and explained this, they looked at my purchase history and obligingly put 100 points on his account under his id number so we purchased our tickets this morning. I would like to thank the ticket office for that as would he, this was a good way around what seems to be a common problem.

Edited by OwlsMan1961