SOLD OUT

I genuinely believe if this fixture was reversed and you gave Wednesday 8000 tickets for an away leg at Brighton on a Friday night we would sell out

If they can't bring two that's absolutely tragic

Brighton fans reading that would probably disagree. Taking the blue and white tinted specs off - I wouldn't disagree with you. We constantly take large numbers away with us (I don't really care about the distance point - if you're travelling for a game a few more miles doesn't put you off).

I genuinely believe if this fixture was reversed and you gave Wednesday 8000 tickets for an away leg at Brighton on a Friday night we would sell out

I'm coming up but it's costing a fortune. £33 Boro ticket, £40 coach, £21 Sheff Wed Ticket, £38 coach, £25 home ticket. That's £157 in 9 days watching my team and doesn't even take into account time off work, buying overpriced service station food, concourse beers etc. For those of us that travel we've had two midweek away games (Birmingham and Forest) and the easy away day so loads of demand at Charlton in the past 5 weeks. Then if al goes to plan no doubt they'll want £50+ for a Wembley ticket and travel there too. It adds up! Plus its our 3rd playoffs in 4 seasons, the away leg is the first leg which is generally cagey and rubbish, we're all gutted after missing out on automatic opposed to being happy to be in playoffs and it's a Friday night with no trains back. They'd be a lot more demand if the game was being played on the weekend. On top of that, the club totally cocked up by not allowing non-season ticket holders to buy a ticket until TODAY and that happened quietly as it was initially supposed to be Thursday. Seems they misjudged season ticket holder demand leaving a lot of our northern based fans struggling to sort out tickets. I don't blame people for watching it on TV at home and not getting home at 3 in the morning with a much lighter wallet really, actually think I'm a nutter coming up as I fully expect you to beat us anyway!

Brighton fans reading that would probably disagree. Taking the blue and white tinted specs off - I wouldn't disagree with you. We constantly take large numbers away with us (I don't really care about the distance point - if you're travelling for a game a few more miles doesn't put you off).

Exactly.

The away support that a club generates is a true gauge of overall support, regardless of a few extra miles.

We averaged approximately 1,000 more fans, for each away fixture, in comparison to Brighton.

Exactly.

The away support that a club generates is a true gauge of overall support, regardless of a few extra miles.

We averaged approximately 1,000 more fans, for each away fixture, in comparison to Brighton.

I don't think anyone has called into question Wednesday's excellent following on the road. Wednesday are the massive after all! lol  

I'm coming up but it's costing a fortune. £33 Boro ticket, £40 coach, £21 Sheff Wed Ticket, £38 coach, £25 home ticket. That's £157 in 9 days watching my team and doesn't even take into account time off work, buying overpriced service station food, concourse beers etc. For those of us that travel we've had two midweek away games (Birmingham and Forest) and the easy away day so loads of demand at Charlton in the past 5 weeks. Then if al goes to plan no doubt they'll want £50+ for a Wembley ticket and travel there too. It adds up! Plus its our 3rd playoffs in 4 seasons, the away leg is the first leg which is generally cagey and rubbish, we're all gutted after missing out on automatic opposed to being happy to be in playoffs and it's a Friday night with no trains back. They'd be a lot more demand if the game was being played on the weekend. On top of that, the club totally cocked up by not allowing non-season ticket holders to buy a ticket until TODAY and that happened quietly as it was initially supposed to be Thursday. Seems they misjudged season ticket holder demand leaving a lot of our northern based fans struggling to sort out tickets. I don't blame people for watching it on TV at home and not getting home at 3 in the morning with a much lighter wallet really, actually think I'm a nutter coming up as I fully expect you to beat us anyway!

This although ill be at Brighton with young un its certainly a drain on the pocket.

Ill tell you why Brighton are in the top tier and as a result around 2000 Wednesdayites cannot get a ticket.

Anyone remember the Crystal palace game in our relegation year to league 1? Now image what would happen if Brighton were on the bottom tier and smashed us 0-3?

They would be on the pitch celebrating and as a result our reeeeeetards would be on to kick em off with lots of naughty pointing just like they did at the palace game, who knows they might even try punching a Brighton player just like when Clint Hill narrowly escaped with a silver. 

That stand needs re-designing and the away fans need shuving right to the top corner of it out of the way, only then will we see more seas used in the ground for these big occasions 

In my humble opinion of course

Edited by PremierEngravedGifts

Guest Albion bumder

Let's face it, we could have sold 50,000 tickets for Friday and 8,000+ for the away match.

They can't shift 2,000 for Friday or 30,000 for Monday.

Yet they reckon they are the bigger club lol

Maybe it's just a bit slower after the Saturday downer and our recent playoff history....Its clear you have far more plastics than us though going by the demand you have for your biggest game in decades and your average attendances this season.

Well we sold out Derby a couple of weeks or so ago easily,but we're not Real Madrid :)

Guest Albion bumder

Just had Boro away and the fans are a bit flat that's all and we had over 7k at MKD's about a month ago.

If you suffer defeats in the playoffs sort of regularly you'll be the same just like sheffield United who also are bored of the playoffs and the fans lost interest.

Ill tell you why Brighton are in the top tier and as a result around 2000 Wednesdayites cannot get a ticket.

Anyone remember the Crystal palace game in our relegation year to league 1? Now image what would happen if Brighton were on the bottom tier and smashed us 0-3?

They would be on the pitch celebrating and as a result our reeeeeetards would be on to kick em off with lots of naughty pointing just like they did at the palace game, who knows they might even try punching a Brighton player just like when Clint Hill narrowly escaped with a silver.

That stand needs re-designing and the away fans need shuving right to the top corner of it out of the way, only then will we see more seas used in the ground for these big occasions

In my humble opinion of course

What was the silver Clint Hill escaped with ? lol in all seriousness completely agree with you.

Just had Boro away and the fans are a bit flat that's all and we had over 7k at MKD's about a month ago.

If you suffer defeats in the playoffs sort of regularly you'll be the same just like sheffield United who also are bored of the playoffs and the fans lost interest.

Because finishing mid table with nothing to play for rather than a shot at promotion is far more interesting...

Understandable to be down after already missing out just a few short days ago, but to have given up is quite poor.

Hopefully our sold out allocations will be our 12th man and make the difference.

Not a chance. We'd sell both legs out quickly even if it's our 10th season competing in the play-offs. 

Brighton and the Blunts  lol

Love these Brighton fans that go to lots of regular games but not playoff matches because they have been to those before.

For all the moaning about travelling to Sheffield and the cost of fans have the same going the other way too

Edited by darklord

We'd not be far off talking 2000 to Brighton for a 3rd round league cup tie

You should be ashamed with that following simple as

If I'd punched an old lady in the face and nicked her money I'd be ashamed. Spending best part of £200 in 9 days travelling over 900 miles to do so. Got nothing to be ashamed of pal. 

If I'd punched an old lady in the face and nicked her money I'd be ashamed. Spending best part of £200 in 9 days travelling over 900 miles to do so. Got nothing to be ashamed of pal. 

What are your home sales like? When is general sale? Do you think fans are waiting to see what you come away from Hillsborough with before deciding?

Guest Bournemouth Owl

Love these Brighton fans that go to lots of regular games but not playoff matches because they have been to those before.

For all the moaning about travelling to Sheffield and the cost of fans have the same going the other way too

I am driving up to Sheffield from Bournemouth just to watch the match on TV with my brother.

To be fair, they have to go all the way From Brighton to Sheffield on a weeknight! Not like us who only have to travel from Sheffield to Brighton on a weeknight. Oh and their last game way away too. Not like us who had the luxury of an away game last weekend. Also, they've played loads of football matches before, unlike us who have played the same amount of league games.

Nah, good on 'em.

Edited by JackSWFC