SOLD OUT

West Stand holds 8,000 and we can only sell 3,500.

Mr. Chansiri has shown he is working on Wednesday as a business - he'll know 4,500 empty seats simply won't do.

Whether we go up or not I'd be staggered if he isn't already working on getting our capacity back to 40,000.

We all know that because of the disaster the authorities are looking for every opportunity they can to limit capacity to ensure it never happens again. Our job has to be to take away those opportunities by rectifying the problems.

The two main problems with the West Stand are the lack of concourse space and the bottleneck outside Leppings Lane.

Phase 1 - West Stand

- Knock down the West Stand and the club shop/gymnasium building next to the North Stand

- Rebuild the club shop in the corner of the car park

- Rebuild West Stand with modern facilities/adequate concourse space

- Build turnstiles directly outside the North Stand where the shop/gymnasium are now - remove North Stand turnstiles on Leppings Lane

- This means the Leppings Lane bottleneck is solely for West Stand entrances/exists - North Stand entrances/exits would be solely via Penistone Road

Phase 2 - North Stand

- Extend North Stand concourses as per WC 2018 plans

Phase 3 - Kop

- Knock down Kop and rebuild with modern facilities/adequate concourse space/no pillars

Phase 4 - South Stand

Extend South Stand concourse space

All the above for a capacity of 40,000+, for a lot cheaper than the cost of relocating completely.

Hope you got planning permission for that, cos you know what happens when you ant.

It's quite funny to read the Brighton forum.

They are coming up with all sorts of excuses as to why they haven't sold out for both ties.

1) Apparently, because they are 'used to' the play-offs fewer people are interested. Wednesday sold out their allocation so quickly because it is 'our biggest game for 10 years'.

2) No body's bothered about Sheffield Wednesday anyway, they're 'not exactly a hot draw'. 

3) Also, apparently Brighton have to travel an average of 60 miles further than any other club in order to attend away matches - this is why their away figures are so low.  

1) Regardless of whether its our biggest game for ten years or not, we would still sell out for both ties. 

2) Funny that, considering Hillsborough was the most attended stadium for away fans this season and our tickets are the most expensive.

3) Hmm, I just think they're poorly supported. I doubt their away numbers would be higher even if they had the shortest average travelling distance to away games.

Said all along the lower lepps was more than big enough to accomadate the Brighton fans. We should have had all the upper and that woul have allowed another 2,000 wednedday fans to attend. Absolute comedy organisation and ridicolous over the top safety issues.

It's quite funny to read the Brighton forum.

They are coming up with all sorts of excuses as to why they haven't sold out for both ties.

1) Apparently, because they are 'used to' the play-offs fewer people are interested. Wednesday sold out their allocation so quickly because it is 'our biggest game for 10 years'.

2) No body's bothered about Sheffield Wednesday anyway, they're 'not exactly a hot draw'. 

3) Also, apparently Brighton have to travel an average of 60 miles further than any other club in order to attend away matches - this is why their away figures are so low.  

1) Regardless of whether its our biggest game for ten years or not, we would still sell out for both ties. 

2) Funny that, considering Hillsborough was the most attended stadium for away fans this season and our tickets are the most expensive.

3) Hmm, I just think they're poorly supported. I doubt their away numbers would be higher even if they had the shortest average travelling distance to away games.

I don't think this is correct, I looked it up other week when a Rotherham fan was saying we get 4 to 5,000 visiting fans whilst they're limited to around 2,000 at Chuckle dome.

We was getting a couple of hundred less visiting fans than them.

I don't think this is correct, I looked it up other week when a Rotherham fan was saying we get 4 to 5,000 visiting fans whilst they're limited to around 2,000 at Chuckle dome.

We was getting a couple of hundred less visiting fans than them.

Found it though its up to early March.

2wr2jbr.png

I cant think of any circumstance where we could sell the official capacity tickets of 39,732.

So why do we advertise as such?

It's ridiculous. Thanks to those idiots of SYP and SAG we now basically have a capacity of 35k tops. In a ground that holds a few short of 40k. If we go up, this is going to cost DC a fortune in lost ticket sales

So frustrating when the game is advertised as a 'sell out' when we are clearly 5,000+ seats short of being max capacity. 

I honestly cannot understand what is so difficult about organising and arranging the following so the fans and the club can actually get the ground running at it's full potential...

Yes, of course the Hillsborough disaster is ALWAYS going to be on the club and SYP mind when it comes to matches, especially the bigger ones but come on, PLENTY has changed since then the times are completely different. Why are they so reluctant to move on and accept we can now safely fill that away stand to capacity and the surrounding areas providing we have the correct support in place?!?!

Even if Brighton only sell 1500-2000 why can't we just segregate them into the lower lepp and give us the top half? Surely aslong as we leave sufficient room?

Let's face it, we could have sold 50,000 tickets for Friday and 8,000+ for the away match.

They can't shift 2,000 for Friday or 30,000 for Monday.

Yet they reckon they are the bigger club lol

Out of interest, anybody know Brighton's average away support this season?