Who would you leave out

^^^^^

Hutch has been a massive part of our midfield virtually all season. Let's not forget that. Looks equally capable at CB which is a bonus. No one has a clue if he can play alongside Lees yet.

And if he cant play CB, he should not start.

Because he cannot displace Lee or Bannan. If Lee is injured (hope not) then Hutch is the perfect starter next to Bannan.

But we do.

Burnley? And there's no way you could know we wouldn't have won those games with FF/Hoops upfront. Hooper can score goals without Nuhiu on the pitch, as he's already shown.

Carlos knows what he's doing, as everyone keeps saying. Or do you only believe that when Nuhiu starts alongside Hooper? He used him to perfection from the bench on Saturday as the result proved. Football's way too complex to claim we wouldn't have been losing had Nuhiu started the game.

We're blessed these days in that we have several players who are at home in more than one position, so there really isn't a "best XI" as it varies depending on player availability and how the opposition play. I think Carlos would prefer to play a 4-3-3 but we've looked way better when we've had two strikers on the pitch, be it any combination of Hooper, Nuhiu, Joao or FF.

Forestieri - was brought in as the link man between midfield and attack, but has arguably looked even better when played wide left

Hutchinson - excellent in midfield, but has been superb when called for at CB, had some of our best team performances when he's been at CB.

Bannan - consistently good either in the middle or wide left

McGeady can apparently play on either flank or behind the striker as required

It's all a far cry from the days when we had to play Paul Smith on the left wing because we had no choice...

Burnley? And there's no way you could know we wouldn't have won those games with FF/Hoops upfront. Hooper can score goals without Nuhiu on the pitch, as he's already shown.

Carlos knows what he's doing, as everyone keeps saying. Or do you only believe that when Nuhiu starts alongside Hooper? He used him to perfection from the bench on Saturday as the result proved. Football's way too complex to claim we wouldn't have been losing had Nuhiu started the game.

We win with team A. We might have won with team B. So lets play team B?

I am not saying for one minute that Hooper and FF up top is a bad team, but its proven not to work as successfully as Hooper and Nuhiu. Fernando is nowhere near as effective up top.

Edited by Holmowl

We win with team A. We might have won with team B. So lets play team B?

I am not saying for one minute that Hooper and FF up top is a bad team, but its proven not to work as successfully as Hooper and Nuhiu. Fernando is nowhere near as effective up top.

So you don't think Carlos knows what he's doing, unless of course he's playing Nuhiu and Hooper upfront?

Nuhiu is a squad player these days who more often than not does his job quite well, especially the last few months. He's doing fine, as are the rest of them who do get regular starts.

Carlos seems to make changes for most games, which suggests to me that as far as he's concerned, most of his players are squad players nowadays, not simply the one who creates the biggest division amongst fans.

Carlos seems to make changes for most games, which suggests to me that as far as he's concerned, most of his players are squad players nowadays, not simply the one who creates the biggest division amongst fans.

Good summary. Last year a fit Hutch would have been an auto pick every game. He is a suberb player but cases can be made for playing Wallace, Lee, Bannen and McGeady. Like up front CC will vary it. I agree with what others have stated here and in other threads. We probably don't have a 'best 11' but a best 14 or 15.

Ok chaps,

What's your favourite?

Option 1...

Home 4-4-2 / 4-3-3

Westwood

Hunt Lees Hutchinson Pudil

Wallace Lee Bannan

Forestieri

Nuhiu Hooper

Option 2...

Regular 4-4-2

Westwood

Hunt Lees Hutchinson Pudil

Wallace Lee Bannan McGeady

Forestieri Hooper

Option 3...

Mourinho Style

Westwood

Hunt Lees Loovens Pudil

Hutchinson

Lee Bannan

Wallace Hooper Forestieri

Option 4...

Diamond

Westwood

Hunt Lees Loovens Pudil

Hutchinson

Lee Bannan

Hooper

Nuhiu Forestieri

Option 5...

The shoe horn gamble 3-5-2 !

Westwood

Lees Hutchinson Loovens

Hunt Lee Bannan Pudil

Forestieri

Nuhiu Hooper

No 4-2-3-1 in there?

There are a few advocating playing Hooper as a loan striker, to accomodate Hutch in midfield. Norwich fans thought Hoops was lost and inneffective as a loan striker.

We can all disagree on who is his best partner, but I think it is clear that he needs one. His amazing goal tally says change nothing.

There are a few advocating playing Hooper as a loan striker, to accomodate Hutch in midfield. Norwich fans thought Hoops was lost and inneffective as a loan striker.

We can all disagree on who is his best partner, but I think it is clear that he needs one. His amazing goal tally says change nothing.

Agreed Hooper plus one up front for me with FF out left mostly. Bannen, Wallace, Hutch, McGeady and Lee will have turns on the bench depending on opposition and tactics. Even FF will most likely have the occasional breather.

Even before yesterday it was so obvious that this is our best team. But yesterday shouts it from the rooftops.

Listen to what Rowett said about having to deal with hooper, Forestieri and Newey (his word not mine!).

When This line up has started it is unbeaten. Four wins and a draw. When this line up does not start we generally struggle, then we switch to it and we turn the game around.

So the OP asks who should we leave out. McGeady at present, and let him firce someone out of the starting XI. Lees and Hutch at CB.

Sorry but no way can Hutch displace any of our midfield four.

I cant recall us starting with that line up (Lees and Hutchinson as CB) never mind 5 times......which games are you talking about?

Westwood, Hunt, Pudil, Lees, Bannon, Lee, Forestieri and Hooper are all definite starters if fit would you not agree - that's 8 of the 11

You could very easily add that Wallace and Hutchinson are in the same category

The only real change recently has been where Hutchinson plays, if its CB then FF plays out left with one other up front......if he plays in Midfield then its Bannon out wide and FF up front with Hooper