Who would you leave out

Let's see if we have enough intelligence on here to have a proper discussion without it tuning in to a berate the posters thread

For me, yesterday's announced line up is our best starting XI -obviously there's those who want Nuhiu to start which begs the question...instead of who?..... Forestieri the best playe we've had for years?....hooper who' s scoring goals for fun?..McGeady a premiership international or Wallace who creates countless chances each game as well as scoring a fair few

This is it a Nuhiu in or out thread us genuinely interested in who people think should make way?

Edited by Ian

Think the general consensus will be either McGeady or Nuhiu to start depending on circumstances/form with Forestieri going wide left depending on whether Big Dave starts or not. Personally speaking it'd be Wallace dropped for McGeady, Forestieri on the left with Nuhiu and Hooper up front once McGeady's up to pace... but again that wouldn't be for every game because there are going to be circumstances where Nuhiu in no way should start.

No doubt that he's playing top footie right now though, until he stops probably a better option than McGeady... there's some tough selection choices to be made make no mistake about that though. Certainly Forestieri's played his best football on the left... that implies that maybe Nuhiu should start the next game up top with Fessi wide left because since he's been pushed up front he's been relatively poor (though still great, just relatively poor by the high standards he was setting a month ago!)

Think the general consensus will be either McGeady or Nuhiu to start depending on circumstances/form with Forestieri going wide left depending on whether Big Dave starts or not. Personally speaking it'd be Wallace dropped for McGeady, Forestieri on the left with Nuhiu and Hooper up front once McGeady's up to pace... but again that wouldn't be for every game because there are going to be circumstances where Nuhiu in no way should start.

No doubt that he's playing top footie right now though, until he stops probably a better option than McGeady... there's some tough selection choices to be made make no mistake about that though. Certainly Forestieri's played his best football on the left... that implies that maybe Nuhiu should start the next game up top with Fessi wide left because since he's been pushed up front he's been relatively poor (though still great, just relatively poor by the high standards he was setting a month ago!)

so which games for example would you start Nuhiu in....against the better teams or the lower half teams....home or away? Edited by Ian

Guest Kameron

McGeady is not match fit and has done nothing to warrant starting games.  Nuhiu changed that game yesterday, the balance was not right with both McGeady and Wallace starting.  I'm not a Nuhiu fan but the last two games have shown what he gives us.  Nuhiu is the first line of defence, if he doesn't start then you need another defensive midfielder, problem is if Hutch is out we have no one good enough for that role.

so which games for example would you start Nuhiu in....against the better teams or the lower half teams....home or away?

I'm not a manager, I'm no expert, but my gut feeling wouldn't be to do it based on stature of opposition but rather their tactics.

Are they more vulnerable to a straightforward 4-4-2? If yes, start Nuhiu.

Are they vulnerable defensively? If yes, start Nuhiu: Forestieri as a naturally very attacking player gives us more cutting edge up front than a more 'traditional' winger does, so having Dave up top gives these attacking players more space and allows more attacking players on the pitch to attack from deeper positions, eg Fessi

Are they vulnerable to pace? If yes, Dave on the bench- makes no sense to play him if that's the case

Are they weaker when defending against numbers in midfield? If yes, Dave on the bench- drop him for a more attack-minded midfielder to take advantage of this and (probably) play one up top in the form of Hooper

Like I say, no expert... just my opinion. Think it would be too limited to think of it just in terms of "better" and "worse" teams. After all, in the case of Nuhiu, he can look pants against some of the worst teams in the league... but last season he dominated Middlesbrough (very good team) and scored key goals against both Watford and Bournemouth who are now in the Prem. 

Edited by StudentOwl

so which games for example would you start Nuhiu in....against the better teams or the lower half teams....home or away?

Yesterday for one

Thought Carlos got it wrong

Against a side known for counter attacking, we needed a focal point

No matter how much you try to prove your anti-Nuhiu point There's no clear when Nuhiu (or anyone else) should play and when they shouldn't

Horses for courses

Yesterday for one

Thought Carlos got it wrong

Against a side known for counter attacking, we needed a focal point

No matter how much you try to prove your anti-Nuhiu point There's no clear when Nuhiu (or anyone else) should play and when they shouldn't

Horses for courses

I'm not trying to prove anything, you on the other hand have answered one thing in my OP categorically

I'm not a manager, I'm no expert, but my gut feeling wouldn't be to do it based on stature of opposition but rather their tactics.

Are they more vulnerable to a straightforward 4-4-2? If yes, start Nuhiu.

Are they vulnerable defensively? If yes, start Nuhiu: Forestieri as a naturally very attacking player gives us more cutting edge up front than a more 'traditional' winger does, so having Dave up top gives these attacking players more space and allows more attacking players on the pitch to attack from deeper positions, eg Fessi

Are they vulnerable to pace? If yes, Dave on the bench- makes no sense to play him if that's the case

Are they weaker when defending against numbers in midfield? If yes, Dave on the bench- drop him for a more attack-minded midfielder to take advantage of this and (probably) play one up top in the form of Hooper

Like I say, no expert... just my opinion. Think it would be too limited to think of it just in terms of "better" and "worse" teams. After all, in the case of Nuhiu, he can look pants against some of the worst teams in the league... but last season he dominated Middlesbrough (very good team) and scored key goals against both Watford and Bournemouth who are now in the Prem. 

You do know sensible well thought out replies will be frowned upon don't you!