Who would you leave out

The only realistic 4-2-3-1 selection I could go for. The sum of the parts and all that.

I've not picked Joao as this doesn't suit him. No Hutch either.

Westwood in nets. Simples.

Pudil and Hunt, it's a given. Set up allows either of them the space down the flanks to run into, with a midfielder able to move out to the wings behind them, to provide cover when this happens.

Lees and Turner as CB pairing with Lees as Captain.

Lee and Bannan to chase down in front of the CB pairing and impose on the opposites attacking midfielders - like two hounds unrelenting in pursuit. One can push on, when in attack. Both of them can link up play well from a central midfield position.

Forestieri and Mcgeady are self explanatory, they'll attack and supply the front two. Also able to pull opposites defenders out of the game by moving out to the side lines, making space around the box and of course to get outside of the full backs to put in crosses.

Up top are the irresistible strike force of 'Nuh-ooper'. Dave rattling them and jostling with his muscles and stubble around the box, Gary to feast on the knock downs and loose balls. Goal!

post-36058-0-69662800-1454920801.jpg

Ok, ok, seeing as it's you

Option 6...

Thanks mi'lord! lol, my 4-2-3-1 is very different to that!

Westwood

Hunt            Lees        Loovens    Pudil

Lee         Hutch

Wallace                Bannan           Forestieri

Hooper

The only realistic 4-2-3-1 selection I could go for. The sum of the parts and all that.

I've not picked Joao as this doesn't suit him. No Hutch either.

Westwood in nets. Simples.

Pudil and Hunt, it's a given. Set up allows either of them the space down the flanks to run into, with a midfielder able to move out to the wings behind them, to provide cover when this happens.

Lees and Turner as CB pairing with Lees as Captain.

Lee and Bannan to chase down in front of the CB pairing and impose on the opposites attacking midfielders - like two hounds unrelenting in pursuit. One can push on, when in attack. Both of them can link up play well from a central midfield position.

Forestieri and Mcgeady are self explanatory, they'll attack and supply the front two. Also able to pull opposites defenders out of the game by moving out to the side lines, making space around the box and of course to get outside of the full backs to put in crosses.

Up top are the irresistible strike force of 'Nuh-ooper'. Dave rattling them and jostling with his muscles and stubble around the box, Gary to feast on the knock downs and loose balls. Goal!

attachicon.gifstartingeleven.jpg

No place for Braveheart Wallace, the Assists-King of Sheffield?!

I've only seen Turner in the couple of home games he played. Liked the look of him but couldn't form a proper judgement on him.

Based on that I'd likely stick Hutchinson in there for the moment in your set up.

Because they are our best centre backs, as individuals, ....and I want to see more of them if possible. If we can get them to gel we'd have the best defensive pairing in the league.

It's completely theoretical though. As are all of our 'best 11' predictions. Because the 'best 11' as individuals may not stand up to certain teams due to strengths and weaknesses as a unit.

As for Hutchinson in midfield. He's fantastic. But his legs are saved at the back, he's picking up less bookings too. It's the position he trained to do growing up & learnt everything he knows from John Terry, arguably the best centre half of his generation in his prime. I'd be looking at getting a new midfield nutcase in the summer.

I've not seen anyone in this league that plays the anchor role as hutch though, he's an intelligent player and has adapted to the position.

Don't get me wrong he has been great at centre half, but I just think he offers more to the team in midfield, and when he isn't there it takes away some of the strengths of other midfielders (like bannon) who is more effective with a slightly free role further forward.

From what I've seen of lees he always seems to play better with an older head. And I think the fact that the partnership of lees, loovens and Westwood played a big part in equalling the clubs clean sheet record last season is no coincidence.

I also think the lees and Hutchinsons styles are very similar, like a stopper, while loovens is often seen playing the more sweeper style role, using his experience to mop up the scraps after whoever he is playing with makes the initial challenge.

No place for Braveheart Wallace, the Assists-King of Sheffield?!

I've only seen Turner in the couple of home games he played. Liked the look of him but couldn't form a proper judgement on him.

Based on that I'd likely stick Hutchinson in there for the moment in your set up.

Hmm.. good point on Turner. When fit then he's starter IMHO. Hutch could go in with Lees at CB too, so yes could go with that.

Wallace or Mcgeady on the right mid of course. Both fully fit then Mcgeady would start I think.

Hmm.. good point on Turner. When fit then he's starter IMHO. Hutch could go in with Lees at CB too, so yes could go with that.

Wallace or Mcgeady on the right mid of course. Both fully fit then Mcgeady would start I think.

It's an odd one with loans.

You look at the impact that players can have, like Wickham when he was here.

Lukaku at West Brom the other year.

And yet....somewhere in my heart there's that part of me that would want us to use our 'own' players.

Completley silly I know, and makes no practical sense whatsoever. It's just a feeling I can never shake off.  (unless we know that we will definitly be signing them on afterwards!)

Probably an age thing!

It's an odd one with loans.

You look at the impact that players can have, like Wickham when he was here.

Lukaku at West Brom the other year.

And yet....somewhere in my heart there's that part of me that would want us to use our 'own' players.

Completley silly I know, and makes no practical sense whatsoever. It's just a feeling I can never shake off.  (unless we know that we will definitly be signing them on afterwards!)

Probably an age thing!

If it's like that then Wallace should start.

Has to now be a straight up fight between Hutch and Loovens for partnering Lees.

Not sure what to do about the left back situation either, Pudil and Bennet on loan, that leaves me with...

...Claude 'the two footed corner challenger' Dielna - so Sasso it is then lol

Anyone who picks a Wednesday best XI without a place for Hutchinson has got bigger issues than my supposed obsession with Nuhiu!!!

Can't argue with that. If we had two top drawer centre backs, he might struggle to get in - I really rate lee and bannan in the middle - but at the moment, he's one of the first names on the sheet.

Wallace hasn't been fantastic recently, but he keeps his place because he's able to deliver - might find him n mcgeady battle for a place.

Nuhiu seems to help link up all the pieces - he's in on that basis alone.

Westwood

Lees

Turner

Hutch

Wallace

Lee

Bannan

McGeady

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Hooper

Meat.on.fire.

Crikey, adventurous line up!!

If it's like that then Wallace should start.

Has to now be a straight up fight between Hutch and Loovens for partnering Lees.

Not sure what to do about the left back situation either, Pudil and Bennet on loan, that leaves me with...

...Claude 'the two footed corner challenger' Dielna - so Sasso it is then lol

And that is why I could never manage The Wednesday!

I cant recall us starting with that line up (Lees and Hutchinson as CB) never mind 5 times......which games are you talking about?

I meant:-

Wallace Lee Bannan FF

Hooper Nuhiu

It started Wolves Brum Fulham Bolton Burnley. Four wins and a draw.

This is the six I would not change, purely based on its success.