Who would you leave out

Think we play better when FF plays as that #10 role just behind the striker, although he has played well out wide his best position is behind the striker IMO, would like to see us line up with this (how we almost started yesterday).

Westwood

Hunt-Lees-Hutchinson-Pudil

Wallace-Lee-Bannan-McGeady

FF

Hooper

That is an excellent side, Hutchinson tends to operate as a 3rd CB when he plays as a CDM anyway and he's been excellent the game's he has played at CB so far, would only rotate him back into the midfield and bring in Sasso if we're away from home vs a top side (Brighton, Hull and Derby all yet to play away). Then we can utilise Nuhiu as a second ST if we're losing (comes on for a wide man) and rotate to a 4312 formation as we did vs Birmingham and have done at stages of this season with a wide player usually Wallace playing in the 3 man midfield. 

It's fantastic to be in a position where we have such a talented squad at our disposal. As much as i rate McGugan there is just no way of dropping Bannan or Lee both have been incredible this season so far, but he's another game changer we can bring on. Again with Joao, shown his potential this season but still has a lot to learn, more than capable of scoring and brings added pace to our front line which sometimes we miss!

Even when you think about players we have that aren't playing regularly, Matias, Sougou, Lavery, Helan, Semedo, Turner, Palmer we still have so much talent to call upon. Not to mention Price who I think has been excellent last few games when we have needed him. 

I just wish we would approach away games in the same way we do the home games

No need to change players, formation or anything purely because you're away from home, if you're the better team, a different patch of grass shouldn't change that

If the skipper is fit, it'd probably be Hutch who was left out

I bet you wont find many who agree with you on that one....not withstanding that by replacing Hutchinson with Loovens you still don't find a place for Nuhiu

I just wish we would approach away games in the same way we do the home games

No need to change players, formation or anything purely because you're away from home, if you're the better team, a different patch of grass shouldn't change that

Whilst I fully agree with you on playing your best team home and away, the reason why its changed isn't to do with the patch of grass but more likely a change in tactics of the opposition if we are playing at home or away

I just think it's nice to have a dilemma like this than the old square pegs in round holes syndrome of a handful of years ago. I think the back five kind of speaks for itself now when everybody is fit in Westwood, Hunt, Hutchinson, Lees and Pudil. The remaining places can be filled with six of seven players giving us numerous attacking options or a different angle especially in tricky away games where we may need the out ball of Nuhiu.

I honestly couldn't make my mind up about Nuhiu last year.

He looked average at best in a very average side.

The strengths of his game (his physicality and commitment, his good footballing brain and not a little skill with the ball at his feet) are now becoming more evident this year in a very good footballing side.

His obvious weakness (for a striker) of being pretty slow(both turning and chasing) and quite poor in front of goal are being offset by the pace and finishing ability of those around him.

As someone said earlier in the thread, he is often our first line of defence.

IMO (and I know that's all it is) we've looked very (and consistently) effective with him and Hooper up front together and as things stand I would let that partnership develop. Forestieri coming in from either side of the midfield looks good (what a great set up from the right yesterday for the second.)

At the moment would put Wallace in front of McGeady but once he's up to speed then he could take a starting berth from Wallace or FF depending on form, injuries etc.

Whatever, what a great position we must be in right now to be even having a discussion like this! UTO

I bet you wont find many who agree with you on that one....not withstanding that by replacing Hutchinson with Loovens you still don't find a place for Nuhiu

I would at home, probably at the expense of Wallace or McGeady A nice problem to have though

I don't think Carlos would leave Hutch out if he's fit. I think Carlos has Hutch as one of the first names. For me the best starting 11 doesn't include Nuihu (it's the one he was going to start with yesterday til Lee was injured) but I would actually start with Nuihu for balance. At the moment I'd use McGeady off the bench til match fit.

It's interesting that earlier in the season, MK away for instance, Big Dave just wasn't adding anything to the team but he's making a difference now and it seems the other forwards enjoy playing with him in the side. It's great to have options as Joao still needs game time to keep developing and what's to say he not hit a purple patch as well.

I think it depends on the game, and what kind of impact is needed. I actually think ff would make an excellent impact sub, but you wouldn't drop him how he's playing right now. Am I right in saying this is the first season as a pro he's scored more than 10 in a season? And still loads of games left. Playing the form of his life. I think nuhiu plays well with hooper, you can tell they have a good understanding.

For me ff on the left and I can see McGeady and Wallace being used more as a subs.

Let's see if we have enough intelligence on here to have a proper discussion without it tuning in to a berate the posters thread

For me, yesterday's announced line up is our best starting XI -obviously there's those who want Nuhiu to start which begs the question...instead of who?..... Forestieri the best playe we've had for years?....hooper who' s scoring goals for fun?..McGeady a premiership international or Wallace who creates countless chances each game as well as scoring a fair few

This is it a Nuhiu in or out thread us genuinely interested in who people think should make way?

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Hutchinson

Pudil

Wallace

Lee

Bannan

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Hooper

Seems to be our best 11 so far, mcgeady isn't fit enough yet

Horses for courses

Personally I was surprised that Nuhiu didn't start

Looked a wonky 4-3-3.

Credit to the manager though for changing things.

I presumed at first it was to a more regular 442 that has done so well for us of late.

But the change to a Diamond caught me out. ..not as much as it caught out Rowett and his yobbos.

Yes. Horses for courses.

I genuinely think CC prefers 433 and really wants to make it work.

Well that was clear the case earlier on in the campaign, but he's not been afraid to switch to what suits the players at his disposal best.

Nice to see someone in charge with flexible thinking.