Who would you leave out

Not seen anything of McGeady to suggest he should walk into our side yet, or that he's a part of our 'best 11'.

Has to earn his place the same as everyone else & Nuhiu changed the game yesterday.

So far, McGeady gets left out. However, I completely trust Carlos.

Injuries aside, I reckon our best 11 is;

Westwood

Hunt

Hutchinson

Lees

Pudil

Wallace

Lee

Bannan

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Hooper

I don't get how people can calm hutch and lees as a central defensive partnership is our best choice, when they haven't even played together for longer than 20 minutes. And I still think Hutchinson as a holding midfielder offers more to the team.

Edited by Rentaghost

I don't get how people can calm hutch and lees as a central defensive partnership is our best choice, when they haven't even played together for longer than 20 minutes.

Was thinking the same. From what we know, I think it's obvious Lees and Loovens is our best defensive partnership, yet Hutch could possibly be our best individual CB.

As for Mcgeady, give him a couple of games to get fit and he'll be an incredible signing. Too good for this league.

Brum manager said yesterday that FF, Hooper and Nuhiu were very, very good players and that Nuhiu changed the game when he came on. IMO Hooper and Nuhiu with FF out left is a very good front three.

If they all start then perm 3 from Hutch, Bannen, Wallace, McGeady or Lee. McGeady not yet quite up to speed so 3 from the other 4 currently.

CC is proving to be quite good at this so in reality he'll pick the most suitable 6 from all of the above 8 options dependent on the opposition, tactics and fitness. Horses for courses.

We're in great shape.

I don't get how people can calm hutch and lees as a central defensive partnership is our best choice, when they haven't even played together for longer than 20 minutes. And I still think Hutchinson as a holding midfielder offers more to the team.

Because they are our best centre backs, as individuals, ....and I want to see more of them if possible. If we can get them to gel we'd have the best defensive pairing in the league.

It's completely theoretical though. As are all of our 'best 11' predictions. Because the 'best 11' as individuals may not stand up to certain teams due to strengths and weaknesses as a unit.

As for Hutchinson in midfield. He's fantastic. But his legs are saved at the back, he's picking up less bookings too. It's the position he trained to do growing up & learnt everything he knows from John Terry, arguably the best centre half of his generation in his prime. I'd be looking at getting a new midfield nutcase in the summer.  

Think the Hutch midfield question is more complex than a simple yes or no decision though as it impacts where Bannan and FF play .

For me personally Bannan must play in the centre of midfield.

Of course you could put a Hutch in with him....but then what of Lee,the engine room and metronome of the side? A waste to move him as it is Bannan.

Of course, the case could be made for playing all three in a three man midfield...

...but that would mean playing with a lone striker supported from the flanks and as we have seen, FF, Hoops and Nuhiu all seem better in parter ship.

All these conundrums!!!

Think the Hutch midfield question is more complex than a simple yes or no decision though as it impacts where Bannan and FF play .

Of course you could put a Hutch in with him....but then what of Lee,the engine room and metronome of the side? A waste to move him as it is Bannan.

Of course, the case could be made for playing all three in a three man midfield...

...but that would mean playing with a lone striker supported from the flanks and as we have seen, FF, Hoops and Nuhiu all seem better in parter ship.

All these conundrums!!!

Which is probably the original plan, at the start of the season, I mean. It can still work but we need to get our full backs further forward. All our full backs were brought in for their attacking prowess, as opposed to their defensive capabilities, but they don't get forward enough. Get the full backs on the offensive, like the Premier League full backs who all provide width, and we could solve the midfield conundrum

Which is probably the original plan, at the start of the season, I mean. It can still work but we need to get our full backs further forward. All our full backs were brought in for their attacking prowess, as opposed to their defensive capabilities, but they don't get forward enough. Get the full backs on the offensive, like the Premier League full backs who all provide width, and we could solve the midfield conundrum

Indeed,but does it suit any of the forwards?

All of our strikers have looked isolated to me when have played that way.

All these conundrums!!!

Sums it up pretty well.

Hutch and lees seem to be individually, our best centre backs. We lose a little with hutch out of midfield, but it frees up another attacking option.

It also allows bannan to move into the middle.

At the start of the season, joao was used as a lone striker to run defences - mainly in games where cc wanted to hold a tighter defensive line. With Hooper now in the side, we don't really seem to need it.

Forestieri just off the main striker works well, out left seems to give him a bit more freedom.

Struggling to find room for mcgugan or matias, two players who are definitely goog enough to play in a top 6 side.

Ok chaps,

What's your favourite?

Option 1...

Home  4-4-2 / 4-3-3

Westwood

Hunt         Lees         Hutchinson          Pudil

Wallace         Lee           Bannan       

Forestieri

Nuhiu         Hooper   

Option 2...

Regular  4-4-2

Westwood

Hunt         Lees         Hutchinson         Pudil

Wallace         Lee               Bannan      McGeady        

Forestieri         Hooper   

Option 3...

Mourinho Style

Westwood

Hunt         Lees         Loovens        Pudil

Hutchinson          

Lee             Bannan     

Wallace             Hooper           Forestieri

Option 4...

Diamond

Westwood

Hunt         Lees         Loovens        Pudil

Hutchinson

Lee                        Bannan 

Hooper          

Nuhiu                Forestieri

Option 5...

The shoe horn gamble 3-5-2 !

Westwood

Lees       Hutchinson       Loovens 

Hunt                   Lee                    Bannan           Pudil

Forestieri           

Nuhiu                Hooper

Edited by Lord Snooty

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Hutchinson

Pudil

Wallace

Lee

Bannan

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Hooper

Seems to be our best 11 so far, mcgeady isn't fit enough yet

Even before yesterday it was so obvious that this is our best team. But yesterday shouts it from the rooftops.

Listen to what Rowett said about having to deal with hooper, Forestieri and Newey (his word not mine!).

When This line up has started it is unbeaten. Four wins and a draw. When this line up does not start we generally struggle, then we switch to it and we turn the game around.

So the OP asks who should we leave out. McGeady at present, and let him firce someone out of the starting XI. Lees and Hutch at CB.

Sorry but no way can Hutch displace any of our midfield four.