Jordan Rhodes ...... Sky sports understands ....

Had we negotiated an extension or purchse when he was here we would have been relieved. Now he has gone back, if he signs we will be lighting fireworks and doing cartwheels.

Wrong thread but cannot be arrissed to retype it.

OR they have finally got their replacement for Gestead

Cant see his wages being cheap unless sunderland are paying most of it

Could they realistically afford him and rhodes???

Could well be a replacement for rhodes, not going to get excited about this though unless something concrete happens ie. We have a bid accepted

Bookies odds at end of window.

blackburn 4/5 was 4/6 so slightly more likely to move

Boro 2/1

Us 9/4 was 6/4 so bookies at least think it less likely to be us.

Would love it, but be very happy with Hooper now.

There's the answer then. Chansiri puts 8 million on at 9/4, buys Rhodes for 12 million, buys Hooper for 3.5 million, and is still 2.5 million in pocket.  Easy if you have 20 million to spare...

lol at people saying Rhodes isn't worth it. I remember comments from our fans when Hirst and Sheridan had bad spells and people started having a pop.

The fact i, he is and has been the best striker outside the premier league for years and played in bang average sides to boot. Just because he is having a lean spell and trust me even the best strikers in the world always have these it doesn't mean he isn't good enough. It's staggering a team from the bottom half of the prem haven't had a punt on him yet and if we did make a move for him he would be the biggest statement we have ever made.

I doubt we will get him but he would score for fun in our current team

Averaged 25 goals a season for 3 consecutive Championship seasons, he's on 10 so far this year and sits 5th in the goal scoring charts. He's poo poo that Rhodes...

And that's whilst playing for a fairly mediocre team (no offence Blackburn). In a team with our midfielders and FF he could score even more