Jack Hunt

For me the new year hasn't started well. I won't be travelling with the lads down to Fulham as I'm ill 1f621.pngWishing them all the best #swfc

Need Palmer to have a good game tomorrow then. Possibly a blessing in disguise with Palmer probably the better defensively.

Of course wishing Hunt all the best as he gets over his illness

For me the new year hasn't started well. I won't be travelling with the lads down to Fulham as I'm ill 1f621.pngWishing them all the best #swfc

Need Palmer to have a good game tomorrow then. Possibly a blessing in disguise with Palmer probably the better defensively.

Of course wishing Hunt all the best as he gets over his illness

Maybe, maybe not. Palmer was out of position so many times 1st half against Boro. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Who plays at centre-back likely to have more of an impact and we also need Pudil at left-back.

Think much of how Palmer plays in Hunts absence will be down to whether he has Sougou or Wallace in front of him...

Fair point. Also think Palmer tends to play in games where we are likely to do more defending or adopt a more defensive approach so is more likely to come under more pressure than Hunt in that respect.

As much as I like Hunt he has had a few stinkers in away games, Charlton & MK Dons prime examples.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Tbf, anyone could struggle to pick out Joao, on his own in the box

They could but Hunt tries to beat his man for the much more dangerous option of a low cross at the goal face.

Palmer doesn't seem to want to do that, he will just curl one in and it will miss or get headed clear.

He's really not as catastrophically bad as some are making out on here...

Come the end of the season we should look to recruit a better backup to replace him, but he's not awful

He's an adequate back up no doubt and he's done really well to adapt to playing there because otherwise he'd be playing in League 1/2 in a midfield.  But he's nowhere near good enough to dislodge Hunt from the team when fit.  That's what we need sat on the bench really, someone who can slot in seamlessly.

Just not bothered...