Middlesborough vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

It dun't look like it's our day today, it doesn't seem to matter wether we play a team at the top or at the bottom, whenever we get chance to get into that top 6 we feck it up..

Hardly! We were in the top 6 during the second half on Saturday until Ipswich came from behind to win.

Um not gonna hammer CC - he's done far too much good this season.

My only question would be FF - he took him off early on Saturday, obviously testing him for today. He's our best player and on fire, why wouldn't you start him? Even if he's burnt out after 60 minutes surely that's better than bringing him on when we are behind the 8 ball??

Anyway - onwards we go

TBF, FF put in a couple of real shifts in the last 2 games.

I suspect CC's strategy was to based on our likelihood of taking 3 points off Boro was always slim and so-so to sneak a draw. After 45 seconds that plan went out the window and it was damage control time with the hope of finding a breakaway equaliser.

Rest FF and the others for Fulham where our chances for 3 points are better with the rested players on from the start*

* so long as new manager syndrome doesn't bite us on the bum

Edited by edmontonowl

we can all second guess CC but tbh which of us really knows just how many knocks are being carried and just who was actually available - he does like his changes and it pays off sometimes 

today it's clear the plan went wrong within a minute, but look at the match overall who finished stronger?  I am more confident than ever we will finish top 6 now IF we can keep a defence off the treatment table 

I have kept off here because of the negative fannys that come out after a loss,  but if you'd said to me we'd have 6 points from the 3 matches and a battling loss against the leaders away I think that's pretty good

we can all second guess CC but tbh which of us really knows just how many knocks are being carried and just who was actually available - he does like his changes and it pays off sometimes 

today it's clear the plan went wrong within a minute, but look at the match overall who finished stronger?  I am more confident than ever we will finish top 6 now IF we can keep a defence off the treatment table 

I have kept off here because of the negative fannys that come out after a loss,  but if you'd said to me we'd have 6 points from the 3 matches and a battling loss against the leaders away I think that's pretty good

No we must win every game we play init . 

...I'll leave it with you...but here's a clue..guess which site he used to post on from about the age of 15 as a snotty nosed young whippersnapper...

lol

I remember he had a somewhat lengthy campaign for us to sign Giles De Bilde.

So definitely a Wednesdayite but at least back then about as knowledgeable as the average Owlstalker...

hmmm. Lost to one of the best teams in the league. Can't be too upset, apart from the disappointing first half performance.

Maybe the squad needs a little shake up and some new faces before we can confidently rotate players. We are still soooo far ahead of where we were 12 months ago. 

I'm just a little bit cross.

tumblr_inline_mh81f7gxom1rb0tyo.gif

there...that's better.

Guest minsk owl

hmmm. Lost to one of the best teams in the league. Can't be too upset, apart from the disappointing first half performance.

Maybe the squad needs a little shake up and some new faces before we can confidently rotate players. We are still soooo far ahead of where we were 12 months ago. 

I'm just a little bit cross.

tumblr_inline_mh81f7gxom1rb0tyo.gif

there...that's better.

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin: