Joao is stronger, faster and younger. Fair enough Rhodes is more clinical but with experience Joao will improve in that area and be a great player. Rhodes is still quality though.

That far post curler on Saturday was amazing, I nearly hit the roof when that went it

it's incredible how many think Joao will be gone come summer.

The club have ambition, no need to sell. The player is enjoying himself and has fellow Portuguese speaking coach and players around him. He is on a long contract. He is not big headed and knows he has a lot to 

If he moves it will be the following year if we are not promoted.  

If we are promoted within 2 years his contract will be extended.

all well and good and I agree i wouldnt sell  but what if he has a trigger in the contract?

to answer the OP  I believe we already have our much wished for marquee 20 a season signing we just don't realise it  

Everyone's having themselves on if they think he'll not be on his way if the prem comes calling

Just to flip it around, if I played for a lower league Portuguese club, and sporting, Porto or benfica wanted me, I'd be on my bike like lightening

It's a win win for me. He stays then great for us, if he goes we will get well rewarded and Chansiri isn't interested in just making a profit, the money will be reinvested in the squad.

We won't have our trousers pulled down that's for sure if he goes.

Joao really does have huge, huge potential. He hasnt got the strikers instict and quite the movement of Rhodes yet but he has more potential than him with his physical tools and his skill and control. Really excited to follow the progress of this lad, don't think Chansiri will sell him in Jan unless its crazy money, we'll see and pray in the summer. Either way it's gotta be a whopping offer and one that would fund multiple quality replacements. Will follow his career closely no matter where he ends up in a  few years, lets hope it's in the prem with us.