What is going on?

It will take a while to sort itself out yet

This this this this this.

And the sooner the fanbase gets it into its head, the better for all concerned.  The club is going through one of the biggest transformations, with an owner who is learning as he goes (so to speak).  Yet all he has shown is the best of intentions so far - he paid £40m to acquire us, and has brought in a number of players that would have been sheer fantasy for us this time last season (Turner, Forestieri etc).  I keep repeating myself, but patience is required from us fans while things settle down.  There is only the tiniest of possibilities things will click straight away, just due to the sheer magnitude of change throughout the Club.  But instead of looking for something to moan about, why not just try enjoying it?  At least for a month or so?  I can't believe I'm reading complaints about 'not following a plan.'  

And the sooner the fanbase gets it into its head, the better for all concerned. The club is going through one of the biggest transformations, with an owner who is learning as he goes (so to speak). Yet all he has shown is the best of intentions so far - he paid £40m to acquire us, and has brought in a number of players that would have been sheer fantasy for us this time last season (Turner, Forestieri etc). I keep repeating myself, but patience is required from us fans while things settle down. There is only the tiniest of possibilities things will click straight away, just due to the sheer magnitude of change throughout the Club. But instead of looking for something to moan about, why not just try enjoying it? At least for a month or so? I can't believe I'm reading complaints about 'not following a plan.'

Repeat it til your blue in the face mate, they'll never get it lol.

carlos is rotating several players each time around so actually in a lot of positions 2 players are first team regulars and having further back up/options/competition for places seems like a rather "protracted campaign" approach. its pretty easy at any stage during the season to jump from a bit above the relegation zone to near the play off zone, so the points are always there to play for and we have a bit of time to make it click.

getting beaten by middlesbrough was no great surprise and maybe its shown chansiri we have to improve to compete with the top of the division. you can call it knee jerk or you can call it a dynamic reaction, either way chansiri is aware of his own budget and he wants success.

I don't think you will see us as genuine promotion contenders until 2016/17

Agree entirely with this. We're going to be inconsistent and unpredictable this season, in my opinion. Wonderful some weeks where things really click, awful in others where players aren't on same page.

We won't be fighting relegation, and we WILL get better over time. It may be quick and we sneak into the playoffs this season, but my bet is on next season.

I'm going to sit and try to enjoy the learning curve we'll see from our wonderful club. I've got no control over what happens and I'm not going to waste time worrying over things like 'why have we signed him' or second guessing the 'plan'. It's fun to discuss those ideas but I'm sure as poo not going to start complaining about it.

One thing is certain. Our potential now is phenomenal. I can't wait to see what happen's next. UTO

And the sooner the fanbase gets it into its head, the better for all concerned. The club is going through one of the biggest transformations, with an owner who is learning as he goes (so to speak). Yet all he has shown is the best of intentions so far - he paid £40m to acquire us, and has brought in a number of players that would have been sheer fantasy for us this time last season (Turner, Forestieri etc). I keep repeating myself, but patience is required from us fans while things settle down. There is only the tiniest of possibilities things will click straight away, just due to the sheer magnitude of change throughout the Club. But instead of looking for something to moan about, why not just try enjoying it? At least for a month or so? I can't believe I'm reading complaints about 'not following a plan.'

Christ.. Only just saw this. You've nailed it mate. Feel like a chump for posting pretty much exactly the same sentiment.

We are now signing so many players that the earlier signings from 2 months ago are starting to look surplus to requirements, never mind the January signings and the existing squad.

Never known this approach before.

Money but no obvious plan, focus or direction.

Is this how Watford did it?

I agree. Id much rather fo back to scrapping the bottom of the freebie barrel looking for the scraps no one else wanted ,and old crocked has beens . 

:picnic:

A lot of our fans need to get their heads round the fact that things are different to what they have known. Chansiri is finding his way with us, and instead of trying to question his every move, maybe people should sit back and just enjoy the fact that we're going to have people like Forestieri, Turner, Pudil etc pulling on the shirt this season.

Fans complaining on here that we aren't following a 'plan'! Relentless moaning for the sake of moaning. After decades of crap, people need to start to enjoy themselves for the time being and see how things go.

It isn't moaning for the sake of moaning. It's worry that things could turn to shitola. Last time we spunked cash around - on Jonk, Sibon, De Bilde etc - that turned out well didn't it? This all seems a bit scattergun under a head coach who has yet to convince. We all hope it turns out well but it's by no means a foregone conclusion.

I understand that some of our performances haven't been all that great.

And I'm pretty sure that the price rises haven't helped - people are within their rights to expect to be entertained... But... This is surely the most exciting period for about 20 years.

Maybe, as others have suggested, just sit back and enjoy the ride?

Yeah maybe but out of those we let go I didn't really think they were even part of our squad they featured that rarely (McCabe, Corry, Zayatte and Madine etc)

McCabe Corry and Zayatte all made the bench at times, even if the didnt get on the pitch. Instead of no-mark players like McCabe and Corru stepping up in an injury crisis we have the likes of Melo, Semedo, Bannan etc

Guest Deleted member

I'm loving it...

It's fantastic to see our manager struggling to pick a side for completely different reasons to how is been for the last 15 years....

It's now about who he leaves out, rather than who he puts in

Exciting times, and if CC doesn't do the business the players we have are more than capable under different leadership