Has DC shown too much of his hand with the McCormack bid...

...Or what?

By allegedly offering £10m to Fulham for a 29 year old player, has DC shown too much of his hand to other potential "selling" clubs, or has he, put a clear message out to the clubs that have dicked him about already that they've missed out by stalling on deals?

Either way he's now lit us up like a Christmas tree on the transfer market, so we'll either get our pants pulled down or perhaps force the hand of the clubs that have dicked us around (Hooper in by this evening???)

If I was a Primeira Liga, Serie A, or La Liga club chairman I'd be making phone calls right now... £10m is a fair chunk for most clubs these days.

...Or what?

By allegedly offering £10m to Fulham for a 29 year old player, has DC shown too much of his hand to other potential "selling" clubs, or has he, put a clear message out to the clubs that have dicked him about already that they've missed out by stalling on deals?

Either way he's now lit us up like a Christmas tree on the transfer market, so we'll either get our pants pulled down or perhaps force the hand of the clubs that have dicked us around (Hooper in by this evening???)

If I was a Primeira Liga, Serie A, or La Liga club chairman I'd be making phone calls right now... £10m is a fair chunk for most clubs these days.

Given there's a day left in the window....he's done the exact opposite of what you are suggesting. He showed patience and it is clear he won't be held to ransom.

I wonder whether this has been the plan all along- do the business we wanted to do in the foreign markets where there's perceived to be more value, and then do the big business we want to do at the end of the transfer window.

If we'd done it the other way round and spent big early then we may have faced inflated prices for the likes of Joao and Matias.

So, I actually think we may have been quite smart if we really do intend to 'go big' over the next day or so.

Given there's a day left in the window....he's done the exact opposite of what you are suggesting. He showed patience and it is clear he won't be held to ransom.

I could go with that view also. Good point.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of it, we've been exceptionally patient with Norwich. So maybe the public bid actually was a metaphorical 'two fingered salute' to the Norwich board?

Or he has bids in for others and put that public bid in to put the wind up them.

I think this also - if its true re: mccormack, which no one's denied, it's a very public statement, which he's been careful not to do until now.

The most expensive signings were always gonna be last, if you spend ten million the first week in June, everyone knows your rich and other players cost you more.

True.

But doesn't it also mean the same for this last 36 hours of the transfer window?

As in, a club we may have been currently dealing with will now ramp up their final asking price knowing that DC is packing some heat??

Guest Distraught!

I think tuna man is playing a game of red herrings.

Put in a bid that was not going to be accepted to open the way for negotiations over more serious targets (but only after upping the ante).

True.

But doesn't it also mean the same for this last 36 hours of the transfer window?

As in, a club we may have been currently dealing with will now ramp up their final asking price knowing that DC is packing some heat??

You have to show your hand at some stage- the fact this one has got out though does perhaps suggest we may have wanted it in the public domain.

...Or what?

the question should be "did he even make the bid"?

I'll bet the phone has hardly been in the cradle with debt strapped club ringing us left right and centre trying to offload their handsomely paid forwards since the MCormack bid went public.

I agree. Secretary's on overtime.

The £10m McCormack alleged bid going public is burning brighter than the Beacons that signalled the arrival of the Spanish Armada!!!

Can the Hillsborough pigeon loft accommodate all incoming offers??!