Has DC shown too much of his hand with the McCormack bid...

I think tuna man is playing a game of red herrings.

Put in a bid that was not going to be accepted to open the way for negotiations over more serious targets (but only after upping the ante).

My thoughts too, there was a high chance our £10m bid would be rejected as Fulham paid £11m a year ago. Seems we're trying to show another club that we will move on if they don't want our money for their striker. My guess would be Blackburn.

Guest totemowl

Anyone of 3 parties could have leaked / fabricated this bid.

Each would have different reasons.

Edited by totemowl

It's just newspaper speculation trying to bump up prices ahead of tomorrow's TW closure. I'll be surprised if we bid for him, let alone bid £10m

Think it would have been denied by now if it wasn't true, especially by us as Chansiri wouldn't want the fans thinking we had £10m to spend and we end up with Lafferty on loan

Guest totemowl

Yes but the other parties would have denied it surely?

Like the alleged bids for Rhodes, KJ and 50 some others you mean?

And that's just while Chansori's been here.

Guest Arnold

Who is the Striker coach anyway? Do we even have one, because if we do, he isn't doing his job right.

Isn't hirsty a coach?

Think it would have been denied by now if it wasn't true, especially by us as Chansiri wouldn't want the fans thinking we had £10m to spend and we end up with Lafferty on loan

Really can't see us paying anything like 10m for a striker, the 3m we spent on forestieri I think will be our biggest fee paid this season.

Still think we will go for a loan

we were allegedly involved with bids and enquires about numerous strikers for over a month now...

some from oversea's, some from here at home...

a truth we all know is quality strikers cost serious money...

if you can get in early and secure one, then well done, job done, that's good business...

if you leave it late, the seller has you by the ballz, he's gonna up the ante...

whilst staggered by the news of the £10m bid, i'm worried that it may have just added a couple of million to the price of anyone we're lookin' at...

we were allegedly involved with bids and enquires about numerous strikers for over a month now...

some from oversea's, some from here at home...

a truth we all know is quality strikers cost serious money...

if you can get in early and secure one, then well done, job done, that's good business...

if you leave it late, the seller has you by the ballz, he's gonna up the ante...

whilst staggered by the news of the £10m bid, i'm worried that it may have just added a couple of million to the price of anyone we're lookin' at...

I don't think clubs like Blackburn can get a sniff of anyone's balls given their position as a club currently. I think they have many groping chairmen's hands fondling them in this window.

"Come on let's cop a feel of Jordan...

... No after you mate, he's on a stupid salary"

I don't think clubs like Blackburn can get a sniff of anyone's balls given their position as a club currently. I think they have many groping chairmen's hands fondling them in this window.

"Come on let's cop a feel of Jordan...

... No after you mate, he's on a stupid salary"

i think rhodes might be 'the' exception to the rule...

do rovers 'have' to sell?

is anyone else in for him?

i'd prefer a bigger physical presence tbh, but by no means turnin' my nose up at him...

tends to be out of games, then turns up and scores 2 (well at least against us in the past)...

from what i've seen of us we're not making ample 'quality' scoring opportunities...

and wondered if we needed a more 'physical' player who was good on the ground too...

sort of a 'talented' version of big dave...

i think rhodes might be 'the' exception to the rule...

do rovers 'have' to sell?

is anyone else in for him?

i'd prefer a bigger physical presence tbh, but by no means turnin' my nose up at him...

tends to be out of games, then turns up and scores 2 (well at least against us in the past)...

from what i've seen of us we're not making ample 'quality' scoring opportunities...

and wondered if we needed a more 'physical' player who was good on the ground too...

sort of a 'talented' version of big dave...

Rhodes is trapped inside his own enigma. Poor lad.

My thoughts too, there was a high chance our £10m bid would be rejected as Fulham paid £11m a year ago. Seems we're trying to show another club that we will move on if they don't want our money for their striker. My guess would be Blackburn.

This has been my thoughts since this bid was made public. I think Rhodes has always been the number one target and would have already been a wednesday player but for Middlesbro entering the race a while ago . I honestly think Blackburn were trying to play wednesday and Boro off against each other in order to get the highest price they could, but since Boro dropped out and signed Nugent its backfired on the chicken boys . 

They know they must sell Rhodes before the window closes tomorrow and are probably hoping someone else makes a bid to try and hike the price again.