Leeds away, lunch time KO's and sky

You could always pick one of the other 2,500 other away seats in that stand rather than the 500 or so with bad views?

Just a thought like.

Your away support used to be one of the main reasons you enjoyed a big club status but, as one of your own has pointed out, it's not that impressive any more.

Elland Road of course, is showing it's age and is in need of major redevelopment (equally, if not more so, as is Hillsborough).

It's an old stadium and certainly no Emirates or Etihad not even a Riverside but internally it's a traditional football ground, atmospheric, noisy and yes, sometimes an intimidating place to watch football, but that's how football fans, especially away fans, used to like it.

That's why your big clubs would travel in numbers to go there, as you used to. Solidarity, a sense of belonging and the banter.

Now you won't travel because it's a poo poo view, it's on Sky, it's too expensive, it's too far away, it's midweek, it's lunchtime.

Not selling out 2k for Ipswich, the first away day of the season, bringing less than Burnley, for goodness sake, to Elland Road and with the same set of circumstances,  what's happened to you lot.

Although i agree our away support is embarrasing for Leeds and its not as good as we used to take theres a few of point you probably are aware of -

1) Leeds shuffle coppers & stewards wont let you move to another seat as they are the spineless type who dont wear the trousers at home and ill admit its one of the few away games were ive actually wished that times rolled back and away fans kicked roger out of the stewards/police.

2) In no way is Hilsborough needing as much work as Elland Road take your main stand away and the rest is poo poo however i kind of like grounds like that Elland Road, Goodison etc as feel more traditional to me.

3) Ipswich away is one of them awkward ones were sure in bottom tier you have to buy 2 adults & 1 child ticket as its a family section with no segregation as such.

Some people care way too much about away attendances

If you want to go to the game, then you go to the game, but if I'm going to an away game as long as I have my ticket I really couldn't give a balls if anybody else turns up, you watch the game and you bugger off home at the final whistle, regardless of how many are there.

Why does 1000 other people joining you for a match cause you embarrassment?.

Comes down to we just don't travel well when the game is on sky. Add in the price,some people are plain scared of going to Leeds and early kick off results in 1,000 instead of 3,000

Yes I'am going as it's my nearest ground

I don't understand this either.

I never looked on our rivalry (if you can even call it that) with SWFC as being based on hatred, it was "the" two big Yorkshire clubs with fantastic away support doing what they do, following their clubs up and down the country.

If anything, throughout my time supporting LUFC, the rivaly with SUFC had far more of an edge to it, couldn't stand them. Wednesday were most fans second club, now whilst I wouldn't go that far, it was anything but hatred.

I just don't think it's true at all. There's no way people won't go out of 'hatred' what a weird point. Like you say there isn't that much hatred really just a built up rivalry. There's so many reasons that a lot of people don't go. The obvious ones have been mentioned, sky the KO time and price.

Overall, even though you have dug into our away support, it is one of the highest 3-4 in the league and has been consistently so I don't think it's bad at all. We always have the volume no matter how many we take.

Edited by TheEnchanter

Agree with you, yet I get called a child for stating it, so glad I'm not the only one who can take my tinted specs off.

He's talking poo as usual, we can take big followings on our day, and we've had our days e.g. 5,000-6,000 to derby first game a few years ago. Took 8,000 to barnsley a few years back. So what, we don't turn out in big numbers every week, our fans aren't mugs... Times are tough, I can only just justify paying out for home games at the mo.

Guest Deleted member

Oh he can. He will see the post and click to open it. Bless him. I've no idea who he is or what his beef is.

I was considering going on Saturday. But this thread has given me the strength to say no to my heart and yes to my sky paying head. 

Season ticket holder, went to Ipswich on Sunday. And just purchased my train ticket for Brentford away. 

Leeds away just doesnt appeal to me, i live in Huddersfield so even slightly closer for me, than the majority of you. 

For people to moan at people not going, i presume you will be the ones who never travel away? 

The lads and lasses who are going, then fair play. Hope you bring the points home with you. 

Guest Deleted member

I'm not going either.

I went last season and regretted it.

I was in the East Stand Upper Tier and the view from there was bloody terrible too. Ive never been anywhere at Elland Road and got a good view of the ground - and certainly not oe that warrants the scandalous charges for a ticket.