Have a rubbish view in a terrible ground

Put up with thug coppers and stewards

Get held in ground after match

Probably get into a brawl or two with gobby chavs

Or go to pub with mates and other owls fans

Spend your money on beer instead of giving it to Leeds

Be free to move where you want without any confrontation

Hmmmmm it's not really a tough decision this one

Brentford away on the other hand will be epic.

You have to laugh at the irony of us complaining about Leeds ripping us off considering the 'f*ck em' attitude towards Bristol City fans with our more expensive tickets. Anything over £33 and it has to be a very big game for me. That goes for home or away.

I'm not going either.

I went last season and regretted it.

I was in the East Stand Upper Tier and the view from there was bloody terrible too. Ive never been anywhere at Elland Road and got a good view of the ground - and certainly not oe that warrants the scandalous charges for a ticket.

I was in that stand when we beat em 2-1 with a late Andy Booth goal, it was season Big Ron returned. 

Found it funny listening to Leeds fans moan about there team, I just grinned each time we scored.  lol

I was in that stand when we beat em 2-1 with a late Andy Booth goal, it was season Big Ron returned. 

Found it funny listening to Leeds fans moan about there team, I just grinned each time we scored.  lol

Remember that one: Sunday People asked me for a soundbite about how Big Ron had improved the team. I focused on the greater confidence the players seemed to have, and the fact he was slightly fortuitous that people returned from injury as he returned.

The next day paper credited me with some of the most clichéd, Andy Townsend like nonsense ever, like, 'Big Ron is Mr Charisma. Larger than life. Breathes new life into players....'

To be fair, most stay away from the place because it is, plain and simply, dangerous. No matter whether you are with your mates, you mum, your kids or on your own (me last season), Leeds fans don't discriminate... they will start. I have never been to a game in Leeds where there hasn't been Leeds idiots starting on anyone. It is unsafe, but then that's how the Neanderthals from Leeds like it; they are proud that they indiscriminately intimidate people weaker than themselves. It's part of the culture there.

Last season, I asked a Leeds fan to stop being racist in the train station. All of a sudden there were 10 of them around me... all from different parties, but all there to proudly defend their kin. I am no slouch when it comes to defending myself, but I am also not stupid. I had to pretty much break down in front of them to stop the 60 year old from nutting me, let alone the scrubber kids valiantly defending the 10 on 1 thug. Had he gone for me, I KNOW that all of them would have gone for me.

At the time, I lived in lincoln, so on the train to Donny, I had just settled down, the adrenalin had subsided and I was just thinking how much I would never go to Leeds again as it wasn't worth it, when 6 lads walked past me, one of them started calling me gay because (my only guess) I was dressed fairly smart (unlike the scrubber look that he was sporting). I ignored him for a while, but the abuse got worse, (he was constantly checking for reassurance from the hardest looking one) until he pulled his cheap "white rose centre" jeans down and shoved his ars in my face, claiming that I'd love to bum him... So I did. I kicked him up the arse and that was exactly the excuse that the big lad needed; he had me in the chair strangling me until I went feint. My only response was to shove the bottle of sprite down his throat. By the way, the other 5 were all trying to reach over the chair to hit me, and I must've taken 5 crappy punches to the face. The bottle worked and he released me, only to regain his composure. He was just about to stamp my head against the window when he flew into the air... a wednesdayite (a big one) grabbed him off me and threw him into the aisle. Do you know how many of the Leeds fans went for the "big" wednesdayite? 0.

2 occurrences, 1 non violent-shirt-wearing supporter, a common string; Leeds scum. And that, JustVisiting, is why our support is not what it was. And I guess that there is a little part of you that is proud of what your "type" got up to that day, because that is what ALL Leeds fans are bred to believe football is all about.

I have no problem in telling you to f-ck off our message board, because you are all the same and not worth the sh-t off a human's shoe!

To be fair, most stay away from the place because it is, plain and simply, dangerous. No matter whether you are with your mates, you mum, your kids or on your own (me last season), Leeds fans don't discriminate... they will start. I have never been to a game in Leeds where there hasn't been Leeds idiots starting on anyone. It is unsafe, but then that's how the Neanderthals from Leeds like it; they are proud that they indiscriminately intimidate people weaker than themselves. It's part of the culture there.

Last season, I asked a Leeds fan to stop being racist in the train station. All of a sudden there were 10 of them around me... all from different parties, but all there to proudly defend their kin. I am no slouch when it comes to defending myself, but I am also not stupid. I had to pretty much break down in front of them to stop the 60 year old from nutting me, let alone the scrubber kids valiantly defending the 10 on 1 thug. Had he gone for me, I KNOW that all of them would have gone for me.

At the time, I lived in lincoln, so on the train to Donny, I had just settled down, the adrenalin had subsided and I was just thinking how much I would never go to Leeds again as it wasn't worth it, when 6 lads walked past me, one of them started calling me gay because (my only guess) I was dressed fairly smart (unlike the scrubber look that he was sporting). I ignored him for a while, but the abuse got worse, (he was constantly checking for reassurance from the hardest looking one) until he pulled his cheap "white rose centre" jeans down and shoved his ars in my face, claiming that I'd love to bum him... So I did. I kicked him up the arse and that was exactly the excuse that the big lad needed; he had me in the chair strangling me until I went feint. My only response was to shove the bottle of sprite down his throat. By the way, the other 5 were all trying to reach over the chair to hit me, and I must've taken 5 crappy punches to the face. The bottle worked and he released me, only to regain his composure. He was just about to stamp my head against the window when he flew into the air... a wednesdayite (a big one) grabbed him off me and threw him into the aisle. Do you know how many of the Leeds fans went for the "big" wednesdayite? 0.

2 occurrences, 1 non violent-shirt-wearing supporter, a common string; Leeds scum. And that, JustVisiting, is why our support is not what it was. And I guess that there is a little part of you that is proud of what your "type" got up to that day, because that is what ALL Leeds fans are bred to believe football is all about.

I have no problem in telling you to f-ck off our message board, because you are all the same and not worth the sh-t off a human's shoe!

Cowards mate, sums them all up that.

People say yeah, every club had their idiots but leeds without doubt have more than a lot of clubs combined.

I remember the other season, in the varney game, they were singing about dave Jones being a peadofile for the whole game, I seem to remember a few Wednesday fans got pissed off and started the galatasary songs off, now I don't condone singing about either, but as soon as it were anything to do with them they went mental, I think that's why we got kept in for 20 minutes after, complete neanderthals the lot of them.

Actually I lead a quite good life, but I am entitled to an opinion as are you.

So you're telling me taking 780 for an half an hour journey isn't embarrassing? Yet we always brag how good our support is?

Yes I get the price, the kick off time, but leeds would sell that allocation and I can think of a few other clubs that would too at our level.

Does it not annoy you when we get ripped for taking a poo poo following?

Why can't we have all 3, like I'm league 1?

What was it, we took 5500 to Preston then 3 days later 3700 to Walsall just after Christmas too?

We were boasting at that point.

Ryan it's really quite easy..our away support is superb (considering how crap we've been). The numbers are always good, just look at the numbers over the years. Yet it is very poor at leeds. Why do you think this is ? Awful ground(for away fans anyway), treated abysmally by stewards/ police, overpriced tickets for the crap view and it's always on sky....people aren't stupid, they won't pay through the nose to be treated like scum. I bet we are back to about 2500/3000 for our next away game whoever it's against.

The answer is simple..it's not our poor support...it's that people will not go to leeds

Leeds is my closest ground yet I haven't been since the 3-2 win 8 years ago....won't go again either

Edited by wakefieldowl

Met three Leeds fans in Turkey last summer. They were probably 20 - 23 years old, and decent enough kids. My Turkish mate told them I was a Wednesday fan, and they started going on about the incident at Hillsborough, where their idiot ran onto the pitch and slapped Kirkland. They reckoned he was a hero, and a top lad, who Leeds fans really looked up to. These three lads seemed like decent kids on the face of it, but were really no better than the rest of the rubbish who support them.

Ryan it's really quite easy..our away support is superb (considering how crap we've been). The numbers are always good, just look at the numbers over the years. Yet it is very poor at leeds. Why do you think this is ? Awful ground(for away fans anyway), treated abysmally by stewards/ police, overpriced tickets for the crap view and it's always on sky....people aren't stupid, they won't pay through the nose to be treated like scum. I bet we are back to about 2500/3000 for our next away game whoever it's against.

The answer is simple..it's not our poor support...it's that people will not go to leeds

Leeds is my closest ground yet I haven't been since the 3-2 win 8 years ago....won't go again either

I don't question our support as a whole, I've seen us take some huge followings, 8k to Barnsley, 6500 to Derby, and so on, I just think our following to leeds is awful and it is, I can see why people don't wanna go, and fair enough, but I'm not going for the experience, I'm going to support my team.

It seems the reason for not going to the Leeds game is purely based on hatred of the club so does that mean we shouldn't go to Bumhole lane too ? my point is it's about getting behind our team surely, regardless of the conditions we used to sell out for this fixture too many fans looking for any excuse not to go just don't get that ??

Bum hole lane is another place I haven't been to since early 90s. I will not give any of my money to that rapist loving set of scum

Edited by wakefieldowl

That paragraph is ace, I read it as if i was Alan Partridge, hilarious.  :laugh:

"So I did. I kicked him up the arse and that was exactly the excuse that the big lad needed; he had me in the chair strangling me until I went feint. "