How much do you think we've upgraded...?

This is a scary thread. The side we started with looks better than the one that finished. The new players look a million miles better than those they are replacing

the very best side i ever saw was the brazilian side of 1970...

it had a glass jaw at the back, but had a midfield and attack that was sure it would outscore you, and it did...

we haven't got that potent attack, thus we need to be tighter at the back...

As I said in the other squad comparison thread, if you are to include loanees in the right column, you should also do so in the left.

This season's loans are all season-long so far. Totally different proposition. You can't plan as well around players you can't guarantee will still be here next month.

This season's loans are all season-long so far. Totally different proposition. You can't plan as well around players you can't guarantee will still be here next month.

Fair point, but Keane, McGugan and Isgrove were here at the end of the season which is where the comparison is being made (I.e. replacing those we've let go).

To suggest that McGugan is an improvement on last season when he was here for most of the second half is unrealistic to me.

It was against carp oppo - let's see how they go against BC, who will be a completely different proposition

Indeed. 

St Mirren are a Scottish Championship level side. 

That's probably akin to League Two or the Conference. 

Indeed. 

St Mirren are a Scottish Championship level side. 

That's probably akin to League Two or the Conference.

What do you think was more important...the score or the fact that we have played another game under our new system?

What do you think was more important...the score or the fact that we have played another game under our new system?

Getting further game time under the new system. 

Nice that we won 5-0, but it is nothing to get too excited about. 

Guest Herbert Shoebanger

I think in terms of footballing ethos and ability on the ball we have upgraded without a doubt. Just the additions of Lopez and matias alone are a huge on the ball improvement and should allow us to hold the ball and save some energy.

I do worry whether we have lost some defensive cohesion and I also worry about how the new system will work on a rain soaked December Tuesday night.

However, the new style of play being attempted is refreshing and in today's day and age entertainment is also massively important so it is good to see customer satisfaction seems to be high on the agenda.

I'll reserve judgement on the overall team itself until we are 5 or 6 games in.

But the general demeanour around the club seems to have been refreshed and I am looking forward to the ride ahead over the next several months