Grrrr Guess we no longer under the radar

we starting to be noticed 

taken from http://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=7418

Was going to put this in the Non Boro Thread but thought I'd give it its own. To have a place to note who and how our rivals are strengthening. But due to the multiple transfer thread debacle I'm not sure if the appetite is there for it. If it takes off great if not I'll merge it back. 
It's not a who will finish where, top 2/6 etc but who is signing key players and identifying possible sleeping Giants. 

I'll start with..... Derby will always be threat especially tying down Bent and Ince. I think they're a good CB away from a good starting eleven. But we knew that. The team I've been keeping an eye on is Sheff Wed. A couple of shrewd signings already to add depth mixed with possible superstars in Lopez & Marco Matias. Mix that with the rumours of bids for Daryl Murphy and Louis McGugan and they really could be planning something this season. 

Anyway that's my thoughts, over to you guys smile.gif

This Sheff Wed team are definitely looking like a dark horse. If this Bamford rumour is true...wow.

Can't imagine for one minute bambam would choose Sheff Wed over us. Nothing to do with size of clubs/ history blah blah blah. It's just that he seemed to really love it here, knows the area, club, squad etc. and also the biggest draw I can think of is the Unfinshed business tag that must be niggling at him. 
I think he will go to a perm team, but if he does go to Sheff Wed (or any other championship club) I will be proper devastated. Much more than when Vossen went to burnley

we starting to be noticed

taken from http://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=7418

Was going to put this in the Non Boro Thread but thought I'd give it its own. To have a place to note who and how our rivals are strengthening. But due to the multiple transfer thread debacle I'm not sure if the appetite is there for it. If it takes off great if not I'll merge it back.

It's not a who will finish where, top 2/6 etc but who is signing key players and identifying possible sleeping Giants.

I'll start with..... Derby will always be threat especially tying down Bent and Ince. I think they're a good CB away from a good starting eleven. But we knew that. The team I've been keeping an eye on is Sheff Wed. A couple of shrewd signings already to add depth mixed with possible superstars in Lopez & Marco Matias. Mix that with the rumours of bids for Daryl Murphy and Louis McGugan and they really could be planning something this season.

Anyway that's my thoughts, over to you guys smile.gif

This Sheff Wed team are definitely looking like a dark horse. If this Bamford rumour is true...wow.

Can't imagine for one minute bambam would choose Sheff Wed over us. Nothing to do with size of clubs/ history blah blah blah. It's just that he seemed to really love it here, knows the area, club, squad etc. and also the biggest draw I can think of is the Unfinshed business tag that must be niggling at him.

I think he will go to a perm team, but if he does go to Sheff Wed (or any other championship club) I will be proper devastated. Much more than when Vossen went to burnley

Love that fact that Bamford knowing the area is used as a positive lol

good thread... i was thinking the other day we should have 23 detectives - there are enough of us that spend loads of hours on ere. 

All pick a champ team and visit their forums, gather as much info as you can re what they are saying about our club... then report back to this thread.... we are obviously biased towards our own team and they do say love is blind, so to have thoughts from the other 23 champ clubs will maybe give us a bigger picture as to where were at.

owlse has obviously done boro, I'll do Ipswich....anyone else up for it?

good thread... i was thinking the other day we should have 23 detectives - there are enough of us that spend loads of hours on ere. 

All pick a champ team and visit their forums, gather as much info as you can re what they are saying about our club... then report back to this thread.... we are obviously biased towards our own team and they do say love is blind, so to have thoughts from the other 23 champ clubs will maybe give us a bigger picture as to where were at.

owlse has obviously done boro, I'll do Ipswich....anyone else up for it?

I'll do Sheffield Unit-Oh, wait...

I'll do Sheffield Unit-Oh, wait...

was actually thinkin we should have 24 detectives, 23 for champ and one for the sty, they never shy of somink to say about us... the problem is its never balanced, its always tripe, and we hear of it thru other threads anyway... pick a champ team maybe?

We don't need spies, we will run this league.

hardly spies, i worded it wrong.... but did you not enjoy the OP? would you not like to see 23 others, maybe more indepth?

if ya cant be bothered to do a team fair enough, i cant either and wish i never said id do ipswich now! hopefully enough may wanna do it an someone will take them off my hands...

lol

Guest Darkus Owlus

hardly spies, i worded it wrong.... but did you not enjoy the OP? would you not like to see 23 others, maybe more indepth?

if ya cant be bothered to do a team fair enough, i cant either and wish i never said id do ipswich now! hopefully enough may wanna do it an someone will take them off my hands...

lol

Well I say that and I've been lurking amoungt the Ipswich supporters forum, oh and Middlesbrough. 😀

just been on Ipswich too, and while i cant see anything about our chances next season, (bit insular on there!) they seem to think Murphy will only leave them for a Prem team and that Boro and Wednesday have no chance of prising him away from Suffolk.

also a thread started on the 12th saying MuGugan deal to Wednesday is off, with most posts agreeing he would be a major player if Ipswich could jump in and buy him. 

So if we're no longer "underneath the radar" does that make us a "mega blue and white thing"?

(maybe a little too obscure and too rubbish but meh).

edit - obviously wanted to write Massive not Mega but it was getting too obscure as it was.

Edited by themaskedowl