Zdenek Ondrasek

This article says that Sheffield United might be interested in Zdenek Ondrasek, striker for Tromsø.

Later in the article, Ondrasek is quoted: "I only know that there was interest from Sheffield Wednesday this winter".

As a Tromsø supporter, I think he is really good. However, it is hard to know for sure the difference in quality between The Championship and the top division in Norway.

I reckon we could get him for £200 000. BTW. His contract expires this Winter.

http://www.itromso.no/100Sport/fotball/eliteserien/article535772.snd 

Surgio Bus was brilliant in the league he was in. Not writing him off but he still has to prove he can make it at this level. Steve May the same. 

We need strikers who we know can do it at this level from now on. All our present strikers are still unproven.

Edited by Beholder

Probably not worth the risk in absolute fairness, no point signing someone who's only really kicked on this season at the age of 26. Sure he did well last season, but the second division in Norway ain't the same as the Championship.

I'll use the Norway link to do my weekly mention of Mohamed Elyounoussi from Molde though... thank you and goodnight  lol

Probably not worth the risk in absolute fairness, no point signing someone who's only really kicked on this season at the age of 26. Sure he did well last season, but the second division in Norway ain't the same as the Championship.

I'll use the Norway link to do my weekly mention of Mohamed Elyounoussi from Molde though... thank you and goodnight  lol

Difference is that Elyounoussi would be expensive.

Oh wait. We're rich now! Old habits die hard!  :stuwinky:

Sounds a bit too similar to Adthe Nuhiu.

No idea about him, we seem to get our fair share

of cheap foreign unknowns these days who don't pull up any trees.

The European market offers more value for money than the overpriced market within the Football League.

However I'd say, we need more experience of the Championship or Premier League, and proven quality if we are to become a genuine play-off/promotion candidate.

The Cobra on his back (according to wiki) sounds impressive though. lol

Brian Deane was on Soccer AM about 6 months ago. He's managing in Norway and they asked him about the standard of football and he said the very best teams in that league are equivalent of mid to lower end Championship teams.

Doesn't mean anything this kid might be great but he's playing in a poor league.

Guest Gazzaswfc

Nah we don't shop in aldi we shop in harrods now I won't accept anything less than Rhodes or wickham

Nah we don't shop in aldi we shop in harrods now I won't accept anything less than Rhodes or wickham

We haven't driven into the car park yet mate, in fact we are still parked on the drive

First signing will be a signal me thinks