Bookies have us as favourites for promotion

Every year they have the pigs as favourites for promotion from the pub league based purely on the size of the club for their respective league.

Until we start to see the calibre of player we'll be bringing in, I honestly don't know how we can be installed as one of the favourites.

All they are doing is covering their back in case the investment in the squad does make us contenders. What are they supposed to do give us all 30/1 now when they know there's a chance of it happening if the investment is right then be left with egg on their face next May.

Better to lower the odds now based on a potential promotion winning squad being assembled than get caught out now and only changing them when it's too late.

Bournemouth were 20/1 last yr.We will make top 6 as for Automatic ,doubt it we cant score.

What are you basing this on!?

We haven't signed anyone yet, but you claim 'we will make top 6', whilst simultaneously writing off our chances of automatic promotion in a division who's make-up is yet to be determined!

If 'we can't score', then how can you be so certain we'll make the playoffs? Having said that, how do you know we'll struggle to score next season?

post-37726-0-99135100-1431248371.jpg

What are you basing this on!?

We haven't signed anyone yet, but you claim 'we will make top 6', whilst simultaneously writing off our chances of automatic promotion in a division who's make-up is yet to be determined!

If 'we can't score', then how can you be so certain we'll make the playoffs? Having said that, how do you know we'll struggle to score next season?

attachicon.gifLogic.jpg

I never get carried away keep my feet on the ground top 6 i will be pleased with that ,But what i really want  lol

It will change between now and the start of the season. The other two relegated teams from the PL will be up there too. The bookies don't normally get it THAT wrong. When Bournemouth were first promoted to the Championship a couple of seasons ago they had them at about 6th favourite which most of us laughed at. I think if you're well backed financially then you will always be there or thereabouts in the bookies eyes.

Unless you have a manager who is devoid of any attacking ideas.

Guest Herbert Shoebanger

I've got us at 1/87 on to win automatic promotion by Christmas.

This figure was calculated using a side diagonal vertical calculus with horizontal x the total amount of boalax.

I mean if you really look at the wing goalkeepers we have coupled with the substitute defender backs, there is no reason to dispute this figure

Guest timrud

Don't forget there is a guy on here offering 140/1 lol

But when anybody asked him to proove his funds or place in escrow he never followed through

Don't forget that 'Bookies' are not by nature gamblers.The odds are fixed by the amount that punters pay. The ore money that is laid on a team, the lower that team's odds will become, and vice-versa. The proper name for a bookie is 'Bookmaker'. they will juggle the odds about so that in the end, there is only one winner, and its not the punter.   

Guest swintonowl1999

Leicester fan put £10 at 100-1 they'd survive at Christmas

Turns out he's lost betting slip lol

Guest shakesby

Don't forget that 'Bookies' are not by nature gamblers.The odds are fixed by the amount that punters pay. The ore money that is laid on a team, the lower that team's odds will become, and vice-versa. The proper name for a bookie is 'Bookmaker'. they will juggle the odds about so that in the end, there is only one winner, and its not the punter.

No they're not.

Guest shakesby

You never see a bookie catching the bus! They drive Bentleys and top of the range Mercs. Tells its own tale really, but they do seem to bull up The fookin' barcodes as about 6th favourites for the FA Cup every year (big club, cup winning tradition, blah blah yawn) which considering they haven't won it for 60 years is a strange one..........

Cos all of their fans are flipping morons who will no doubt stick a wedge of money on it.