Bookies have us as favourites for promotion

I nearly became manger of a bookies.

In my (cool story bro) interview with two managers, one of my questions was "How many of your punters make a profit over the course of a year"

They both answered simultaneously and without hesitation " None of them"

So you can question their odds, but never question their ability to fleece the life out of you.

Guest Brandy Pants

I nearly became manger of a bookies.

In my (cool story bro) interview with two managers, one of my questions was "How many of your punters make a profit over the course of a year"

They both answered simultaneously and without hesitation " None of them"

So you can question their odds, but never question their ability to fleece the life out of you.

Spot on.If people wanna back Wednesday to win the league,dont stake daft money.Blind faith will get u no where.

QPR will be promoted , they always are.

Burnley could do a Wigan/Wolves once they sell Ings

Burnley never spent anything, They can afford to rebuild. think they may yo-yo for a couple of years. Sheffield Wednesday depending on how you rebuild. Playoffs next year and if you don't go up, Automatic the year after

Every single year the bookies have Derby/Forest favourites to go up and look what happens!

14/1 is a reasonable price, on the big IF we signed some major players like McGugan + decent striker + winger would be worth a punt, otherwise, never.

Blackburn for me.

Tough division next season - we have to hope that one or two of the sides that didn't quite make it this time around will fade (Brentford maybe) and that one or two of the relegated clubs will struggle (QPR hopefully). But against that, there's always a team that just survives and gets its act together, and I think Fulham are bound to be stronger next term. If we're among the favourites now, that's because the bookies are pricing in a top-class recuitment drive - they don't want to get caught out by pricing us too long. But that's all it is - we'll be doing well to be in the mix.

Guest conisbrough

QPR have good record of bouncing straight back but think this year will be different, their is unrest at club and no guarantee they will be allowed in Championship or may have points deduction. Burnley will probably be just outside top 6 but will challenge following year is usual pattern. Between Newcastle and Hull for other relegation candidate. I think Hull would be most dangerous as Bruce is very good at getting teams out of this league, but Newcastle have funds to strengthen team and build promotion winning side.

Bookmakers are cautious when pricing teams and will always be so with a team like Wednesday, they know if we get decent team on pitch will get excellent fan support and could gather momentum and take them to promotion. They are going a maximum of 4 - 1 to win promotion which suggests they think we will be amongst top teams.

Tough division next season - we have to hope that one or two of the sides that didn't quite make it this time around will fade (Brentford maybe) and that one or two of the relegated clubs will struggle (QPR hopefully). But against that, there's always a team that just survives and gets its act together, and I think Fulham are bound to be stronger next term. If we're among the favourites now, that's because the bookies are pricing in a top-class recuitment drive - they don't want to get caught out by pricing us too long. But that's all it is - we'll be doing well to be in the mix.

Next year will be the easiest championship for a long time

None of the teams coming up will do anything. Same with the teams coming down. Burnley will be without Ings. Hull will lose a lot of their players. QPR are f*cked, may have Ramsey in charge and could be under an embargo.

Then you have teams like Forest who are under embargo, Blackburn selling their best players and not replacing them, Cardiff who will probably fail with their bunch of league one players (& manager).

Presume Norwich/Middlesbrough will be occupying one of the top two, if not both. Wolves, Ipswich will be strong again but I can see Brentford falling off slightly.

Once again a team that's consistent will make the top 6, it won't be a tough division.

Edited by EcclesallOwl

Next year will be the easiest championship for a long time

None of the teams coming up will do anything. Same with the teams coming down. Burnley will be without Ings. Hull will lose a lot of their players. QPR are f*cked, may have Ramsey in charge and could be under an embargo.

Then you have teams like Forest who are under embargo, Blackburn selling their best players and not replacing them, Cardiff who will probably fail with their bunch of league one players (& manager).

Presume Norwich/Middlesbrough will be occupying one of the top two, if not both. Wolves, Ipswich will be strong again but I can see Brentford falling off slightly.

Once again a team that's consistent will make the top 6, it won't be a tough division.

I hope you,re right about top 6.

If we were 14/1 for promotion then maybe but not to win it. That's just a ridiculous price. 

That's a price based on what MIGHT happen with signings. Even then 14/1 for the winner of the Championship, it just has no value what so ever.