What is the worst decision ever made by a football club

Not backing Catterick or Wilkinson with transfer cash - and then seeing them go to clubs who did so and won the league title.

Very valid point.We could have but did not .We have had small time people run us in the past ,Here is our chance to really make a go of it I hope with Mr Chansiri .

Guest Burntwood Owl

Not signing eric cantana.

Let me reiterate. River Plate refused to sign Messi and pay him £500 a week because he was too small.

Phil Brown's stunt of boll*cking his hull team on the pitch at man city. Many players have come out and said he lost everyones respect after that and he got the boot the year after

The Di Canio saga

10million quid wasted by letting him go. Basically caused our demise

the people running the club were doing so on a budget, the club was visibly shrinking...

thus certain players were getting too big for the club...

the 2 italians could have been sold off to raise funds, but i very much doubt we'd have done anything other than save off the inevitable...

the club was being run like an' old gentleman's club, and modern management was showing it up...

sadly that fall continues until milan came here, threw a bit of money, and a lot of knowledge at the job, and...

Not backing Catterick or Wilkinson with transfer cash - and then seeing them go to clubs who did so and won the league title.

^^^^

This.

Wilko is still the last English manager to win the title.

I played under Wilkinson. Top manager. Top bloke. Great disciplinarian. Got results.

Abbeydale Grange?

Top disciplinarian? He hacked me down one match when I left him for dead on the wing and as I got up he remarked "they shall not pass"!  lol

Abbeydale Grange?

Top disciplinarian? He hacked me down one match when I left him for dead on the wing and as I got up he remarked "they shall not pass"!  lol

Aye, played for the school team when he was manager. On my debut, I scored an own goal from 25 yards.

God knows what the keeper was thinking being that far off his line.

lol

Wilkinson said "I've never seen an own goal like that before"

I said "I know, you need a proper keeper".

Guest Burntwood Owl

Abbeydale Grange?

Top disciplinarian? He hacked me down one match when I left him for dead on the wing and as I got up he remarked "they shall not pass"! lol

That is the greatest ever story on here.