We have an ambitious owner - what now our two favourite forwards?

May and Nuhiu split opinion like no other forwards that I can think of in recent memory.  Now that Mr Chansiri is "going to do all he can to get us to the Premier League by 2017" because he's "frighteningly ambitious", can we assume that we'll all stop arguing about May and Nuhiu because better forwards will be brought in? 

<Crosses fingers, closes eyes tightly and constantly mutters "Please!" to himself>

Nuhiu will be second choice target man and find his way onto the bench where he belongs. A good option from the bench as a hardworking  big man, possibly even providing a bit of comic relief at times due to his ability to look like Messi one minute and a Blackpool Donkey the next- but that's all.

May should fear for his future here- IMO he's behind both Bus and Lavery... one more forward bought in to play the "smaller man" role and he'll be out the door... or should be.

Much better players than both out there if we are seriously going to be spending to get promoted. I'm a fan of May and believe he will score for fun at any level if played the correct way with the right players around him. But I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we sold him and brought someone better in.

Nuhiu needs to be nowhere near the first team if we are serious about promotion.

Guest wilyfox

Send May on a three month loan to League 1 to score some goals, MK Dons or someone who just misses on promotion this year (not the blunts)

Release Madine

Keep Lavery & Nuhiu

Sign 2 more

Happy days

Inclined to agree with the above. Keeping Bus as well, of course.

Edited by wilyfox

I think we should move Nuhiu and May on.  If we are to keep them then Nuhiu should be a squad player and May should be sent out for a season long loan to "learn his trade" in England as he's not gaining much at Hillsborough at the moment IMHO. 

Expectations have changed a little bit for me after yesterday. It does sound like we are genuinely going to go for it.

If that is the case, Nuhiu needs to go. May and Lavery need to be turfed out on loan. No idea about Bus yet.

We need 2 or 3 strikers. It's ok plodding along mid table with these sorts of strikers, if we want to go up, we need genuine ruthless quality in attacking areas.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

I think we will see at least one more to compete with Nuhiu for the physical striker role. Wood or Grabban could potentially do that job. Others include Kenwyne Jones and Cameron Jerome (if Norwich go up and want shut).

Edited by Bluesteel

Expectations have changed a little bit for me after yesterday. It does sound like we are genuinely going to go for it.

If that is the case, Nuhiu needs to go. May and Lavery need to be turfed out on loan. No idea about Bus yet.

We need 2 or 3 strikers. It's ok plodding along mid table with these sorts of strikers, if we want to go up, we need genuine ruthless quality in attacking areas.

I mostly agree but I wouldn't send Lavery out on loan as he needs an opportunity to stake his claim as a fully fledged SWFC player. If we are to retain May then follow the same course of action as with Palmer and Lavery - send out of loan to gain experience and to judge if he can deliver. If May does well out on loan then, as I suggest with Lavery, give him an opportunity to consolidate his place in the squad/team.

I think we will see at least one more to compete with Nuhiu for the physical striker role. Wood or Grabban could potentially do that job. Others include Kenwyne Jones and Cameron Jerome (if Norwich go up and want shut).

If I'm honest, based upon the little I have seen of him, I'm baffled as to why people want Wood.

If I'm honest, based upon the little I have seen of him, I'm baffled as to why people want Wood.

Statistically speaking (And I know that statistics don't necessarily show the whole story) Nuhiu has a higher goals-to-game ratio in the Championship than Wood ever did. And Wood played for several very successful attacking Championship teams... Nuhiu plays for Wednesday at Nillsborough.

What a waste of money Wood would be, we don't need another player of similar ability to Nuhiu- we need way better.

I mostly agree but I wouldn't send Lavery out on loan as he needs an opportunity to stake his claim as a fully fledged SWFC player. If we are to retain May then follow the same course of action as with Palmer and Lavery - send out of loan to gain experience and to judge if he can deliver. If May does well out on loan then, as I suggest with Lavery, give him an opportunity to consolidate his place in the squad/team.

But if we're going to be bringing in the sort of strikers that can fire us to promotion, like May, Lavery won't get a look in. I'd much rather both get to play every week instead of sat on the bench.