Zayatte

I'd offer him and Buxton new contracts.

I don't think that we will release loads of players. If people are expecting us to release half the squad and replace them all in one summer I think that they are going to e disappointed

I'd offer him and Buxton new contracts.

I don't think that we will release loads of players. If people are expecting us to release half the squad and replace them all in one summer I think that they are going to e disappointed

Buxton has been very good since coming back. Shows how much we've missed him. I have said earlier this year that I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't offered a new contract due to injuries but now I'm really torn (like a medial meniscus). He seems to have improved us since coming back. Need someone of that quality only 5 years younger.

Zayatte I really don't know about , I thought he was dead in the water but he's come back fighting and put in some top performances so maybe SG will want to keep him around

Lewis Buxton i wouldn't write off .. Fully fit he's far better than both Palmer and Vermijl , he's a had a shocker with injuries recently but if he can proove his fitness I still think he takes the shirt off Palmer

Sorry to be a bit negative but it's no coincidence when some players who have barely performed suddenly start playing well when their contract is due to expire. I'd be hoping we would be aiming for much better in the summer if we can offer competitive wages or even fees for players. If not he has done well recently and possibly offer him another year. Although his injury record is also a concern

Zayatte and loovens and Buxton have all had many injuries over the last few years. It's alright looking at things through rose tinted specs but we should be going for players with decent injury records with the hunger to drive us forward. Look at good old fan favourite reda .... Not started since October for cov.... Total waste of time. Granted the three above players have done well and I like all 3 but it's time we stopped carry injury prone players who are going to barely feature

I think zayatte has been excellent when called upon this year and on pure footballing ability would get a new deal every day of the week. His injury record is a slight concern though. If we were to let him go we'd probably have to bring 2 CB's in though which seems unnecessary overhaul. If we brought in a young CB in the tom lees mould we'd have an excellent pool of CB's to choose from:

Lees

Loovens

Zayatte

Other

Zayatte's injury problems would be less of a concern knowing we've got another tom lees in the waiting. He'd probably be 4th choice

To all these people saying Zayatte would be backup, he is consistently out performing Lees and standing out more than Loo ens did. Accept that he deserves a first team place when playing to this level.

I think it would be wise to judge Zayatte on his 2 years at the club, rather than the handful of games he's covered towards the end of his contract when he's looking to earn another...

Same goes for every player.

Guest Ash76

interesting that lees now looks steadier again with a trusted partner (unlike his partnership with dielna)

Personally thought Lees was has been a bit shaky recently

Guest Ash76

It takes time to develop confidence in a centre back and I'm not there yet.

If you've not managed it by retirement age you'll never get there I'm afraid