Player ratings

Not sure what you expect.

He is a full back , they played their dangerman on that side and he kept him quiet. Can't remember Scannell beating him at all.

The full back attacking opportunoties were on our right where they didn't play a wide man.

Got done a couple of times by scannell but that apart pretty steady

Not sure we have a better left back than him, awaiting the Helan brigade

UTO

Guest Daniel Walker

Mattock massively under rated 😂😂😂

HELAN is way better than him at left back

Mattock often has a decent game. The problem is he often has a stinker. He's far too inconsistent and neither him, Helan or dielna can make that left back position their own. I think a new left back is required in the summer, personally. Although mattock is possibly the best of the 3 he's the one who is out of contract and I'd probably let go. I'd also look to get rid of Helan.

I actually think Mattock is a solid championship player, he'd get into a lot of other teams in this league. He'd probably have got into the Burnley team last season. The main problem we have is further up the field in midfield and attack, but once that's sorted we won't need to discuss Mattock so much then. Some teams are promoted with solid championship players but with a few special players, I.e. Burnley with Ings. I'd be happy to keep Mattock and spend time/money improving our other shortfalls first

I actually think Mattock is a solid championship player, he'd get into a lot of other teams in this league. He'd probably have got into the Burnley team last season. The main problem we have is further up the field in midfield and attack, but once that's sorted we won't need to discuss Mattock so much then. Some teams are promoted with solid championship players but with a few special players, I.e. Burnley with Ings. I'd be happy to keep Mattock and spend time/money improving our other shortfalls first

Depends how greedy we're being.

Mattock does nowt spectacular but is generally solid. 

i like a bit more flair in my full backs who offer something going forward so for that reason i probably put dielna & Helan ahead of him, that said i bet Mattock has been our LB in most of the clean sheets.

Zayatte had a good game, as did Vermijl, isgrove was lively and looked to make an impact, Lavery did ok but can/will do so much more for us, hope he gets a run of games up top,

got to be Lavery & Bus vs Norwich.. a fresh Atty on for Bus who will obviously tire.

need to take a lead at carrot road as they tend to go on the rampage once they get in front, to do that we need goalscorers on the pitch....Lavery & Bus..

Helan everytime at leftback...quality imo...missed him today

Oh and...Helan will be with us next season Mattock is out the door

Your user name makes me take you with a pinch of salt ... I, fine with Helen being here next year but don't expect to be in the play offs with throw like him in the squad . Mattock ain't the new Ashley Cole but he's a dam site better then Jeremy run five miles then go back to Westwood Helen

Helan isn't a natural footballer, nothing he does with the ball looks comfortable but he is a strong athlete. It is probably too late to teach him skill and technique but he is good for a squad place and a run of games here and there.

People, for some reason, have taken a disliking to Mattock and let that cloud their judgement of his performances. If yesterday was his debut and he had a clean slate people would be pretty positive about him this morning.

He's positionally spot on, he's got a decent left foot on him, he likes to play his way out of trouble instead of lumping safe balls forwards and he rarely gets run ragged by a winger.

He's a very steady full back in this league and would slot into another Championship side comfortably if we let him go.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Overall I'd give the whole team a 7. None of them played badly and to be honest we dominated the game from start to finish. However when you don't take your chances to put teams away you leave yourself open to such results.

I thought it was also an entertaining game, we went for it, their only outlet was the counter through Scannell which we kept quiet.