Vermijl

Guest s6 owls fan

Guest s6 owls fan

Looked alot more confident today. Only player we have who knows how to put it low and hard across the goal mouth

Ha Ha Ha, just read in another thread that "Our full backs were impotent" and "offered no threat" typical Owlstalk.

Listening to the commentary Vermijl was'nt far off MOTM, it's great being a Wednesday fan !  :stuwinky:

That were me, I Don't think either full back did enough attacking wise and lack pace. Hopefully more to come from vermy, but mattock has to go.

That were me, I Don't think either full back did enough attacking wise and lack pace. Hopefully more to come from vermy, but mattock has to go.

I agree, never took to Mattock, just a run of the mill footballer, I think Vermijl and Palmer (When fit) are two pretty good right backs, Helan (When fit) is a far better left back than Mattock but still think we need someone new in the number 3 shirt.

Not sure if they are told not to do it but I would like to see him and Mattock push into the wide spot when we have the ball in midfield. At times there was a lot of space in front of the full backs which they didnt always utilise.

This is how I saw it. Nowt to play for, should have attacked more. Maybe a result of grays background.

Better player than Palmer

Correct, but we can't be seen to be saying that, nor can Gray remove him from the first 11, as what incentive do we then have to youngsters coming through.

A miserable PR failure in my eyes Palmer. Not solely judged on footballing talent

If we are to play with attacking fullbacks then Vermijl and palmer can push each other at rb and should suffice for a few years. Left back needed Helen can go past people but delivers his cross into the first row of the stand to often. Mattock doesn't cross the ball enough when the opportunity arises.

Thought mattock was a weak link personally...needs to go this summer

I'm not so sure, I know he aint highly rated on here, but he's the closest thing we have to a proper left back at the moment.

I think he will be offered a new deal in the summer, imo.