The Flying Pig

Guest mrbluesky

Yeah, Mel was nicknamed this . He used to fly down the line playing more as a right winger than a right back a lot of the time. 

Was also quite handy as a striker 

Guest mrbluesky

Yeah, Mel was nicknamed this . He used to fly down the line playing more as a right winger than a right back a lot of the time. 

Wow i didn`t know that! ;-)

It was given to him by the manager at the time I think, was it Charlton?

It was Big Jack who called him that. 

Funny how managers have different nicknames for players. 

Big Ron called Carlton Palmer Miss Palmer because of his poor goal scoring record with all chances he kept missing.

Edited by bradowl

I, too, am diagnosed as mild depression, if you could live for a minute in my head when the black dog rears it's ugly head you would be shaken, so what Mel is feeling is known to me.

You can be sat at Hillsborough with all you family, friends and people who love you and yet, feel so lonely, pathetic and sad.

My heart goes out to you Mel but, with the help of the people who love and care about you, you can survive.

Became our main penalty taker in our 83/84 promotion year and banged a fair few of them away that season, Wednesday legend for those that were there 30 years ago.