We're off to See the Wednesday

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Once again I'm taking a coach full of kids to a SWFC Experience Day from the Girls Football Club I coach in Manchester. Last year the club put on a fantastic day for the players, allowing us to go behind the scenes and in the dressing rooms before visiting Middlewood for a training session and then providing a guard of honour on the pitch.

In Manchester when most of the clubs put on something for the kids they are using it as an opportunity to scout/ talent watch kids and see if they would be good enough to get in the youth teams. It's great that SWFC do this in the way they do it and I am looking forward to converting more to the Blue and White cause.

All we need now is a decent performance by the lads.......

Guest Mancunian_Owl

If its a proper experience it should meet the below criteria:

- Key player injured before the start of the game

- Away fans are non-existant

- Sold out of Pies before half time - they didnt expect a big crowd

- We cannot string more than two passes together

- Referee is the worst possible referee in the world

- Our most skillful player is booed for not skinning their defender

- Our most skillful player is booed for trying to dribble when he should have passed it

- Lads doing Half Time challenge have a better shot accuracy % than our actual strikers (and they're wearing shoes)

- We don't get a penalty despite striker losing both legs in a tackle

- Nuhiu misses a sitter with his head

- McGugan scores

- Westwood saves a certain goal

- Bullen goes mental on the sidelines about something

- The Band don't play until we score

- Our most skillful player is booed for trying to dribble when he should have passed it

- Lads doing Half Time challenge have a better shot accuracy % than our actual strikers (and they're wearing shoes)

- McGugan scores

- Geary sent off

Guest Mancunian_Owl

The teams from Denton Manchester, they've all had a long season so its a nice treat for them all to take them somewhere to just have a craic with their mates. With it SWFC there's no rivalry between the players as you get with Citeh and Utd, most of them have never heard about Sheffield Wednesday!

It will be a day to remember ….. UTO  

my lads team did this a few seasons ago, they all had a fantastic day, the club got the experience absolutely spot on.

PS they are an eclectic mix of supporters of all sorts of clubs, my lad is the only Owl, they are a mix of Blades, Millers, Leeds, Barnsley, a Boro fan, a Villa fan and the usual Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool etc fans but despite this every one of them really enjoyed the day, and all [inc Blades supporting] parents had nothing but praise for SWFC.

The teams from Denton Manchester, they've all had a long season so its a nice treat for them all to take them somewhere to just have a craic with their mates. With it SWFC there's no rivalry between the players as you get with Citeh and Utd, most of them have never heard about Sheffield Wednesday!

Nice 1 get some more Wednesday fans over there if you can as i no theres 3 at Audenshaw High School(My sons 1) and another whose a City fan but been more Wednesday games than City this season so spread the Wednesday word.

- McGugan scores

There have been times when it was a proper experience if the crowd boo'ed our players for passing the ball around too much!

Do you ever get to play any actual games...? Every time we play Denton away, the match is postponed due to a waterlogged pitch (even when its 20 degrees outside)

Always pissed it down in Denton even in the summer!

My lad plays for a team in the EMJFL and the majority of their fixtures in their first season as U7's were at Denton JFC and the sun ALWAYS shone ! 

reddishowl which age group does your daughter play for ? We've had 2 or 3 good games against RNE U9's this season. 

Mancunian Owl - which Denton team is it pal ? 

My lad plays for a team in the EMJFL and the majority of their fixtures in their first season as U7's were at Denton JFC and the sun ALWAYS shone ! 

reddishowl which age group does your daughter play for ? We've had 2 or 3 good games against RNE U9's this season. 

Mancunian Owl - which Denton team is it pal ? 

Under 14s. Son plays under 18s

Once again I'm taking a coach full of kids to a SWFC Experience Day from the Girls Football Club I coach in Manchester. Last year the club put on a fantastic day for the players, allowing us to go behind the scenes and in the dressing rooms before visiting Middlewood for a training session and then providing a guard of honour on the pitch.

In Manchester when most of the clubs put on something for the kids they are using it as an opportunity to scout/ talent watch kids and see if they would be good enough to get in the youth teams. It's great that SWFC do this in the way they do it and I am looking forward to converting more to the Blue and White cause.

All we need now is a decent performance by the lads.......

Don't hold your breath, 0-0 writen all over it.