Sign a f@ckin striker

Guest wilyfox

Sky Sources understand Jermaine Pennant has been training with Millwall, however, a deal to join the Championship club looks highly unlikely.

The former Liverpool winger is still expected to train with other clubs though as he attempts to find a new team after leaving the Indian Premier League.

Time to hijack..

Sky Sources understand Jermaine Pennant has been training with Millwall, however, a deal to join the Championship club looks highly unlikely.

The former Liverpool winger is still expected to train with other clubs though as he attempts to find a new team after leaving the Indian Premier League.

Time to hijack..

I don't want any fecker who's been half way round the world playing cricket for 6 months  lol

Guest Deleted member

Blackpool have scored more than twice the goals we have in the past 6 games.

Including 4 in one game since they signed one of our strikers

We've only scored 3 goals once this season. A match that Madine played in.

And a game in which our wingers (that we haven't got) were Maghoma and Maguire

Weird that.

Lee Clark released a winger, and replaced him with a striker.

And now the goals are coming in.

Maybe Lee Clark recognises that it doesn't matter how many chances you create, if your strikers are crap they won't score.

Unlike many people on here.

You quite clearly didn't see the goals at the weekend for Blackpool then? every goal created with a good ball from the wing………. yep no wide players needed

Guest wilyfox

People come up with some daft theories. Do they completely ignore Maghoma cutting inside and running into trouble, Helan's crosses finding an opponent, and Maguire giving the ball away so we can be punished on the counter?

Guest wilyfox

So people are still hung up on the striker vs. winger debate? It's both - and has been both all damn season. 23 in 31 is a collective fail for our providers and scorers.

Guest Deleted member

Blackpool have scored more than twice the goals we have in the past 6 games.

Including 4 in one game since they signed one of our strikers

We've only scored 3 goals once this season. A match that Madine played in.

And a game in which our wingers (that we haven't got) were Maghoma and Maguire

Weird that.

Kidc77 I see you negged this.

Don't you like facts?

Guest Deleted member

As I said on Saturday

(Albeit in a not so subtle reference to TVs)

We haven't got one quality striker on the books. A striker who can not only convert chances, but create their own chances out of nothing.

And that's why we will end up battling for points with 6 games to go to to avoid slipping into the relegation places.

And I will lose my bet with the Rotherham fan in our local who insisted they would finish above us

Guest Deleted member

Haha trust you Neville

Our legacy is that we have a club and that as fans we can look forward to good times ahead, with cash in the bank.

Which is galactically ahead of where your mate left it

Guest wilyfox

We haven't got one quality striker on the books. A striker who can not only convert chances, but create their own chances out of nothing.

Well I agree with that part, but they tend to cost millions. When you can't afford that type of quality, all you can do is try to create more chances for those at your disposal. None of our strikers are likely to score a goal from only 1 or 2 chances, because they lack confidence - and aren't that good anyway.