is it wrong to buy another teams replica shirt ?

Guest eggsarnie

Mate bought me a Boro shirt and this happened to me. 

Luckily I know enough to still have a decent conversation about them without looking like a total twonk. 

Had AC Milan shorts on too but didn't meet any Iti's. 

You need this

www.bluffball.,co.uk

edit - don't actually enter that url, I have no idea where it will take you. Could be, ahhh, unsavoury.

Edited by themaskedowl

Guest Frickley Owl

Ummmm. I have a large collection of these from various seasons. I've always thought it was a charitable thing to do to throw a few quid at a local non league side or two. Do I need a tin hat?

Apart from the grown man wearing a shirt argument and obviously it can't be dem blades kit either or l@@ds !

Cos I really like blackpools away shirt and am considering buying it ?

Hi mate, I remember you from the old rivals days on Owlsonline.

I have a Portadown fc shirt because my mother comes from there, she lived next to Shamrock Park as well so yeah, I actually do have another teams shirt for that reason, however, there is no way I'd go out and buy another English league club shirt and especially not Blackpools this year as it will be the shirt remembered for breaking all sorts of unwanted records.

Sorry pal, it's a no from me and it's kind of a horrid looking shirt too.

I've got quite a few shirts that aren't SWFC, though mainly because of a favourite player rather than team.

I've got 3 St Etienne shirts and a Dortmund top all adorned with Aubameyang, as well as a 2012 Gabon shirt with his name. Also got a Real Madrid Ronaldo top, a number 9 Brazil shirt and a Number 10 France top from '06.

I once bought a Sunderland training top for £1 from Sports direct to wear at training, but couldn't bring myself to put it on, so chucked it.

I should mention I have about 20 SWFC/England ones, just to keep the Balance.

Edit

Also, the Blackpool kit is utter gash

Edited by mosleyowl

I have a few different shirts from around Europe but they're all from clubs who play in blue and white stripes.

same, glad my new local team HJK play in blue and white stripes. Couldnt support them if they wore red and white i dont think.

I have a few different shirts from around Europe but they're all from clubs who play in blue and white stripes.

I like the reasoning for Owls fans collecting European shirts of teams who play in blue and white stripes.

I don't do that myself, I prefer collecting retro shirts of famous European teams, retro Wednesday shirts and old football programmes.

The European teams who play in blue and white stripes (or similar) that I can think of are:

IFK Gothenburg; HJK Helsinki, Odense, FC Porto, Hertha Berlin, VFL Bochum, Deportivo La Coruna, Real Sociedad, Espanyol, Malaga, Alaves, Heerenveen, Pescara and Grenoble.

However, they did try to attack Jeremy Clarkson so they can't be that bad.  (Note: I quite like clarkson but it was the obvious joke).

Is Clarkson a Doncaster Rovers fan? He grew up there.

I like the reasoning for Owls fans collecting European shirts of teams who play in blue and white stripes.

I don't do that myself, I prefer collecting retro shirts of famous European teams, retro Wednesday shirts and old football programmes.

The European teams who play in blue and white stripes (or similar) that I can think of are:

IFK Gothenburg; HJK Helsinki, Odense, FC Porto, Hertha Berlin, VFL Bochum, Deportivo La Coruna, Real Sociedad, Espanyol, Malaga, Alaves, Heerenveen, Pescara and Grenoble.

Porto - great kit. Good shout.

To me, if you go with another team, it has to be someone who will never be in direct competition with your own. Non league or foreign teams only.

I'd also say that a classic shirt for these teams is better.

For example, I think everyone should own an old school Sheffield FC jersey.

probably this, I own the 150th anniversary Sheffield FC shirt as it looked great, plus my second team is Bradford Park Avenue, the lad I go with to their games with gave me a few of their old shirts. Think I've also got an old Barca shirt before they started getting sponsors buried deep in the wardrobe.

Guest Frickley Owl

Think I've also got an old Barca shirt before they started getting sponsors buried deep in the wardrobe.

News reports that the body of former UNICEF ambassador Danny Kaye has been found in a shallow grave in Narnia have been greatly exaggerated.