Watford open to offers for McGugan

I agree, but no one is going to pay us a fee for either of those two .

Suppose some would say the squads already too thin but given that neither are getting a look in (granted Zayette's injured - but when int he) if we could use the cash toward the wages of someone like McGugan then can't see why we shouldn't get shut

all this talk of getting rid of Zayatte! 

who fills in at CB? we would be down to Dielna, Buxton & Semedo, 

I want MuGugan but we cant get rid of our reserve CB to do it.

Fair point (dielna dunt look reyt convincing in defence) but Zayette's not been available a reyt lot has he

but the fact remains our squad is thin as it is, '2 out 1 in' aint gonna work, if we need to do that to get MuGugan then we cant afford him.

2 in for every 1 out is what we should be doing,

Would we really miss the 2 outgoing players though? Kehlar on his way back from injury to replace Zayatte, and Madine's on loan.

If it helped towards bringing in a player who would be a step above what we currently have, a nailed on first teamer, I'd be delighted personally.

but the fact remains our squad is thin as it is, '2 out 1 in' aint gonna work, if we need to do that to get MuGugan then we cant afford him.

2 in for every 1 out is what we should be doing,

The way I look at it, we already have the budget for all the current squad, plus this striker Gray is trying to bring in. If he's successful in bringing in another striker, presumably Madine will stay out. I believe Kelhar's contract runs out in January. With 7 central midfielders, 2 of those could also go out. In theory we could also send Kirkland out to get games, plus any of the development squad, whom Gray feels would benefit from regular first team games. This more than cover any shortfall in McGugan's wages.

Any fee, and whether we would want to break our wage structure, is another issue.

Edited by gurujuan

If we have ANY realistic chance of signing McGugan within our budget, Milan and Aldridge need to pull out all the stops to make it happen as soon as possible. None of this fannying around offering half the asking price, allowing it to drag on and on until another club swoops in and steals him from under our noses - find out the asking price / wage demands and if it's possible, pay it.

We won't get another chance to buy a Championship midfielder as good as McGugan for quite some time, of that I'm almost certain. I made a thread suggesting McGugan as the ideal signing back towards the start of the season, not really expecting it to happen (http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/217935-if-you-could-borrow-one-current-championship-player/?hl=+lewis%20+mcgugan%20+arenotwhattheyseem). The fact that we now have him here and might have a chance to secure him on a permanent transfer is almost too good to be true. Please don't bugger this up, Wednesday - I won't suggest any more signings if you do!

If we have ANY realistic chance of signing McGugan within our budget, Milan and Aldridge need to pull out all the stops to make it happen as soon as possible. None of this fannying around offering half the asking price, allowing it to drag on and on until another club swoops in and steals him from under our noses - find out the asking price / wage demands and if it's possible, pay it.

We won't get another chance to buy a Championship midfielder as good as McGugan for quite some time, of that I'm almost certain. I made a thread suggesting McGugan as the ideal signing back towards the start of the season, not really expecting it to happen (http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/217935-if-you-could-borrow-one-current-championship-player/?hl=+lewis%20+mcgugan%20+arenotwhattheyseem). The fact that we now have him here and might have a chance to secure him on a permanent transfer is almost too good to be true. Please don't bugger this up, Wednesday - I won't suggest any more signings if you do!

Well said, think exactly the same thing.

If Milan can push the boat out, maybe we could offload some players in January, we have a surplus number of midfielders.  Coke, McCabe and Corry could be sent out on loan, Madine may even be on his way in jan or even have his loan extended til the end of the season.  Should release some funds from the wage budget. 

Guest JonTheOwl66

Big difference between us paying him say, £20k a week on a permanent contract and someone else paying it whilst he's on loan here.

Apart from the fact MM won't smash his wages budget, if you are on say £30k a year in your job and your employer offers a new member of staff £40k for the same job, it's going to brass you off.

Footballers are no different in that respect.

It could be very destructive.

Anyway, it's irrelevant because we are almost certain never to sign him.

Being a footballer isn't a normal job mate.