Watford open to offers for McGugan

If we have ANY realistic chance of signing McGugan within our budget, Milan and Aldridge need to pull out all the stops to make it happen as soon as possible. None of this fannying around offering half the asking price, allowing it to drag on and on until another club swoops in and steals him from under our noses - find out the asking price / wage demands and if it's possible, pay it.

We won't get another chance to buy a Championship midfielder as good as McGugan for quite some time, of that I'm almost certain. I made a thread suggesting McGugan as the ideal signing back towards the start of the season, not really expecting it to happen (http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/217935-if-you-could-borrow-one-current-championship-player/?hl=+lewis%20+mcgugan%20+arenotwhattheyseem). The fact that we now have him here and might have a chance to secure him on a permanent transfer is almost too good to be true. Please don't bugger this up, Wednesday - I won't suggest any more signings if you do!

Just think where we could have been now had we not pissed about trying to get Le Fondre on the cheap. . 

Guest Johnbloodaxe

We may have a chance if he'll come for under £10k. Cant see him being on much more than that. There's not many that are in the championship. There seems to be an over inflated idea of how much players earn in championship to he fair.

I'd be amazed if westwoods not on 20k a week here in today's day and age wasn't he on 30k at Sunderland?

Nowhere near. Miles off. £8-10K MAX. Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I doubt theres anyone on over £10k at Wednesday if that and that is straight from an agent.

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

We may have a chance if he'll come for under £10k. Cant see him being on much more than that. There's not many that are in the championship. There seems to be an over inflated idea of how much players earn in championship to he fair.

Nowhere near. Miles off.

I'd have thought he was on between £10-15k. Just wonder if it would be worth him dropping down to £10k to take first team football or whether he should risk seeing out his contract on the bench and going for bigger wages when his contract's up.

Lots of championship players are on over £10k pw - and many considerably more