Watford open to offers for McGugan

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Me neither however it does better show a range etc. And i bet many are outof date. But maybe helps put things into context a bit?

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Even 8 or 10k is 400 to 500k a year thats an enormous annual salary for a championship player.. 20k is over a million quid. Would anyone really pay anywhere near that for westwood or mcgugan in championship.

I can see your point.  Putting it that way makes a bit more sense in economical terms.

Saying McGugan is on 10k a week, 2 years left on his contract puts his value at a straight 1 million in terms of paying up the remainder of his contact

How much do reckon watford are asking for?.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

We sign him on 10k. give em 250k fèe they save 1m plus 250 from swfc. he gets the same deal.

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Why we pay the contract terms to the player not the selling club. I.e. if he was on 10k for 3 years we simply pick up that deal. We pay him 10k for 3 years. Nothing to pay leeds. They just save 1.5million.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Fingers crossed he really looks the part. Worked hard an saturday. And has real quality. Love to see him drenthe and hutch in side. Just need a sttiker added then.

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Just think where we could have been now had we not pissed about trying to get Le Fondre on the cheap. .

Not this again..

There's a difference between offering a price, and a player holding out for a deal from a club higher up the football pyramid.

See also fryatt, Marshall, Kenwyne Jones etc

That website is a load of baloney.

Also he was signed on a free so his own signing fee plus loyalty bonuses (also factor in his prospective promotion bonus) means that his current deal is very lucrative.

He was also prised away from a club known to pay very good money.

So he didn't sign for peanuts!

That website is a load of baloney.

Also he was signed on a free so his own signing fee plus loyalty bonuses (also factor in his prospective promotion bonus) means that his current deal is very lucrative.

He was also prised away from a club known to pay very good money.

So he didn't sign for peanuts!

Talking sense on here gets you nowhere Scram.

Unfortunately some people have got blinkers on and expect MM to bring him in whatever the cost.

They cannot see that breaking the wages budget is not a smart move, they should remember how we got into a mess for the last 15 years.

These people don't live in the real world.

Guest wilyfox

Of course people realise the financial implications. There's no way we could sign McGugan and Drenthe without making sacrifices. I'd happily chop in Westwood to procure those two and a striker. Keiren has been in scintillating form, and is better than Kirkland - but he's not millions of pounds better than Kirkland. I'd rather have our most valuable assets further up the pitch.